Artisan Festival strategy

Started by Hoffs, December 04, 2016, 11:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoffs

So it seems that getting the tree to the max on Siege is going to be tough. I am pretty sure it can be done, but not in every city as we just don't have the BODers here. So I think the best strategy for the next town is to get as many characters as possible to turn in a single junk BOD. It doesn't matter what it is, just as long as they turn one in and create an entry. As a reward goes to a certain percentage of participants based on the level of the tree, the more participants we can get the more rewards will be dished out.

Then, those people that really want a reward can turn in more BODs, probably at least around 400 points (a large BOD say). Whilst nobody is assured of a reward, if there are lots of characters who have just turned in a single BOD, most people who turn in a few hundred points should end up with one. I think it is probably fairly pointless to turn in vast number of BODs on one character, better to spread them around 2-3.

So let's see how that strategy works. Get everyone you can to come and turn a BOD in. Give them a junk one so they can do it. Also, let's try and get the tree to level 2 and then leave it there. The points required to get to the next level increase each time and we were even not able to get to level three last time. So let's conserve the BODs for now and save them up for a bug push later on and instead only use a modest amount using this strategy and see how it works.

Any suggestions/modifications, please post here...

Natalia

HI.  As I have no idea how this thing works, could you let us know where the next tree you want us to try is, and when to start doing it?  I'm leaving town end of the week but will be back mid next week, and would be happy to help.  Well, I hate bods, but this is a good cause.

Hoffs

It's fairly straightforward fortunately and we are trying it in the current city, which is Jhelom. We need as many characters as possible who were not otherwise turning in BODs for the festival to turn in a single completed  junk BOD to Nestor the Elf, who is located on the south island near the jewellery shop (just drop the BOD onto him). The best BODs to use for this purpose are a small normal ten piece cloth or iron weapon one worth the minimum ten points, but any low value BOD will do.

If anyone needs BODs for this, let me or someone else know as there are plenty of them. And if you know of anyone from another shard or part-time Siege player who will log on to drop one, please feel free to ask. You would just need to gate them to the elf and give them a filled BOD to drop (and it is possible that they may end up with a reward at the end).

We don't know what the percentage of participants get rewards for each stage the tree reaches, but let us assume it is 20-30% for stage two. That means that if we can get an additional 100 characters to drop a BOD who would not otherwise have taken part, 20-30 extra rewards will be given out, mostly to those characters that are contributing a few hundred points or more.

For anyone accessed to Gilfane Loot House, a rune to the elf is located on the ground floor.

Freja

I told my members to look at this thread and will tell the ones I do not have on ICQ, when I get home. I may be able to get help from a friend on Europa too, maybe offer to do the same for their shard to help them.
Freja, Vampire, The Dark Outlaws, TDO* & Tina Tink, Crafter

kelmo

With your permission, I would like to link this to the Vice Alliance forums. I will attempt to emulate this strategy by providing filled bods to the Vice crew. 

Hoffs

Quote from: kelmo on December 05, 2016, 01:53:45 PM
With your permission, I would like to link this to the Vice Alliance forums. I will attempt to emulate this strategy by providing filled bods to the Vice crew. 

By all means, thanks.

kelmo

It is done. I will check regularly for updates and strategy changes.

Tjalle

Quote from: kelmo on December 05, 2016, 01:53:45 PM

Make it a two way link.
You know.. so we can.. spy, and stuff...  :P

Creeger

I've donated a junk BoD to the Jhelom tree. I'm not yet sure if I'm going to "go all out" for this tree. I'll update this thread with my total donation record, if/when I do decide to throw more at the Jhelom tree.

BoD points donated: 25

kelmo

Zardoz of Crete aka Kimi aka Victoria Secret

I had Kenzie, Kimi, Vixen and Zardoz all drop a junk BOD count of 10

Blind Otto

Turning in these 4, then I need to go mining again...

225 points
210 points
375 points
410 points

Razz

Well 'tis the season!

Looks like Baby Doll has a similar idea and has offered up his services and BoDs. I posted this link on BabyDolls Stratics thread.

kelmo

What is the best method of tracking points?

Razz

It should show you the BoD points when you click on the BoD. I have been keeping my point tally on notepad doc.