Going on a trip

Started by Sara Dale, October 12, 2013, 03:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Dale

We  (Artful and I) will be leaving here Oct 16th on a trip to NJ.   We will be gone until around Nov 2,  While there we plan on going to NY and visit with Branwyn.  I talked to her last night and she sends her love to everone.   

Ill leave a book in the loot house for the boats that will need to be refreshed.  Two of them are damaged, Volunders and Ians, so you will be able to get onto those with no problem.  The other is Garfields so you will have to be friended there. 

I will be around until the 16th off and on and busy packing.  Winter stuff. 

Tjalle

Have a good one, you two, and give Branwyn a BIG hug from us all.
:)

Ariana RiverWind

*Hopes you have a lovely holiday*

ii & Sabin

salp

hope you have a great time

Troop

Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

Sara Dale

Miss me yet???  We made it to Salem, Virginia at around 5:30pm.   We left home around 730am.  Traffic for the most part was good.  Tomorrow will be about a 7 hour drive to get to Ed,s brothers in Newton, NJ.  I will add more later.

ii & Sabin

Sara Dale

Low 70,s when we got here at 345pm.   I'll stick to my Fl weather.  Especially during the day.  The trees are pretty, and some of the trees are already bare.  I'll write again later.  Stay out of trouble Ann don't mess up the loot house .

Sara Dale

Hi again.  We went to Coopers town, NY today and met up with Branwyn at the Farmers Museum.  We had a wonderful visit.  The museum is a great place to visit.   All kinds of old buildings that were taken apart and moved to the spot where they are located now.  It was windy and cold there.  When we left his brothers house in the morning it was about 28o and frost everywhere.  We had a late lunch at The Hawkeye Bar and Grill. Very good food and excellent atmosphere. 
Branwyn sends her hugs and she misses everyone.  In a week or so she will be moving to the St Lawrence River area.  She has been told she will be able to have DSL so she may be getting into chat. Maybe the game but on my account.

Guess that's it for now.  We will be heading home to warmer weather next weekend.  See you then.

Tjalle

Just refreshed the three boats.

*waves at Sara*

Aislinn

NY at this time of the year... *sighs* wish I would be there too... Autumn my favorite time of the year!

hope you have a great time sara! take care!

Frost

Quote from: Aislinn on October 28, 2013, 03:07:26 PM
NY at this time of the year... *sighs* wish I would be there too... Autumn my favorite time of the year!

Yea..... Autumn is also my favorite time of the year..... So beautiful - I just wish it weren't quite so melancholy here in the Pac NW...  Sun was out full and bright today and if you've ever lived in this Pac NW climate then you've come to cherish every minute of these early winter rarities - these last days of bright sun and every color of red and yellow there is....  Soon it'll be rain for weeks on end.....  Literally - we can go for a couple of weeks with almost zero sun, then one day where we get a glimpse and then go into another couple of weeks of rain, rain, wind, rain.... And yea, I know this is the same weeks of rain they have in the tropics, but at least the tropics has - well, TROPICS - We don't get that little moral boost here...  **makes mental note to try and not focus on negatives** 
Just trying to give you a taste of why we people here have come to appreciate our typically few, sunny fall days, that's all...

I hope all is well on your return journey Sara Dale.

Sara Dale

Before we got married I lived on Whidby Island for a year.  It is beautiful there.  We could see Mount Baker from where we lived.  In the fall from the western side of the island if we were on the beach we could see the Olympic Mountains with fresh snow on the tops.  And we had snow while there (we also had snow in San Diego while there).

Its cloudy again here today and on the chilly side 40o. The trees are getting on the bare side.  There will be more color going home.  Leaving here Sat and will be home Sunday.   

Adrianas

Glad to hear that the trip is going well!

Never on the field of Sosarian combat was so much dished out to so many by so few-Void Pool 7/19/14