Going on a trip

Started by Sara Dale, October 12, 2013, 03:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian James

Nice! Wish I'd known you'd be so close!
Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob

Sara Dale

Maybe we could plan something next time while we are here.  I'm not sure when that will be though.  It was a 3 1/2 hour drive from here to Cooperstown all on back roads.  If it hadn't been for our Tom Tom we would still be on those back roads.

Aislinn

Whidby Island?

that part of the world is where I would like to live!
I think Florida or real warm climate and hardly any seasons is nothing for me. I love when everything starts to grow in Spring, and the smell of a summernight and all the fresh fruits and vegetables in the garden, than Autumn I love rain and fog and storms I think the melancholy mood in Autumn makes it my favortie season! And in Winter the crisp air and the sound when you walk on real cold snow aaaaand than snuggling in a cuddly blanket drinking hot wine or hot toddys! 
I know I am nuts *grins*

I hope you enjoy the cold weather Sara *grins* have fun! 

Sara Dale

Cold weather, they can have it.  Most of the time my feet feel like ice cubes.   We are leaving here tomorrow morning sometime.  There are 2 more critters to add to the list of things we have seen, 5 turkeys came through the yard and there is a vole in the house.

Volundr

Hope you two had a good time....looking forward to your return.

Aislinn

wild turkeys are cute! and a vole in the house? thats weird... normal mice yes but voles... did a cat bring it in?

Adrianas

Very much looking forward to your return!

On this side, I now have a new job.   :D  Got the word that I was hired on Halloween - I would say that was a nice treat!  I start at the new place next Wednesday (last day at the old place is next Tuesday).

The new place is not as close to home as I would like, but it is still much closer than the old place (it is on the lakefront, just across the Causeway, on the other side - and on the 29th floor).  So I should be able to get home quicker in the evenings, and it should give me time to write a bit before coming into UO around the time I normally come in (7:30ish).   ;D

Never on the field of Sosarian combat was so much dished out to so many by so few-Void Pool 7/19/14

Troop

Quote from: Adrianas on November 02, 2013, 03:57:01 PM
Very much looking forward to your return!

On this side, I now have a new job.   :D  Got the word that I was hired on Halloween - I would say that was a nice treat!  I start at the new place next Wednesday (last day at the old place is next Tuesday).

The new place is not as close to home as I would like, but it is still much closer than the old place (it is on the lakefront, just across the Causeway, on the other side - and on the 29th floor).  So I should be able to get home quicker in the evenings, and it should give me time to write a bit before coming into UO around the time I normally come in (7:30ish).   ;D

Congrats on the new job! I'm happy that you found another.
Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

Sara Dale

I'm baaaacccckkk!!!   

I'll post more later.

Tjalle

ii & Sabin

Glad you made it back safe!

Frost

Sara Dale

Thanks,  its good to be back.  We spent last night in  Christansburg Va.  It was a nicer place than going up.
The traffic wasn't bad at all.  We tried a different way to go, the old way was through Washington DC.  It can be a traffic nightmare. 

I can say really now I have been to Catskills. ;). We went through the Catskill Mountains when we went to Cooperstown. 
No cat to bring in the vole but plenty of holes.

Congrats on the job Darlene.
I'll try to get on afterwhile.  Ed is updating my computer.

a ghoul

Yay glad that you made it back! Woah! It sure is a small world I worked in Christiansburg VA for about three years, live maybe 20-30 minutes away. Congrats on the job Adrianas that I great news.

Troop

Welcome back. I'm glad you had a good trip.
Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.