Hello, hello!

Started by BeAsTiE BoY, May 30, 2008, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeAsTiE BoY

yep it's me Drunk Elf's brother- my name is a variation of the band Beastie Boys and the fact that I am a tamer (beast)- I am male (boy) - the up and down case letters comes from the lost lands days in UO where is was super cool to have a funky name meant you were scary yea- BeAsTiE BoY

you may remember my brother Drunk Elf from another thread:

I started on Siege recently to try out the ROT and see if I can make a GM tamer/fisherman

I started playing UO in 1997 December, I think that is around when the game first came out, it was my first online RPG experience and I loved it, I remember running from orcs, teaming up in dungeon entrances guarded by reds, finding your corpse in the forest a week later (no item decay), stealing someone's house key from their backpack then looting their house, saving up to buy a guild tower where we all hung out every night because back then no one could solo effectively, back inthe lost lands days our friend had like one of a handful of GM tamers on Europa, back when you could tame for a week solid and gain 0.1 if you were lucky, swords of vanquishing were the bomb, Server Wars every night when the Europa server warped and nothing counted to what you did because it reverted after the backup, so everyone pvped, i used to bring literally 10-15 dragons to the Brit Graveyard and say "all release" the lag was so bad but I have some great screenshots, I think I have one of a guy with like 10 nightmares following him around, I was there during the 1 or 2 day period in Oasis in lost lands when they had a white mare called a silver steed spawn and fight the nightmare, but alas came Trammel and everyone left the game, I played Everquest for a few years then WoW, am back now, played Sonoma for the past year but it's boring, my brother said to come try Siege so here I am, hope to get GM+ taming/GM fishing, he said that Gilfane hangs out and actually interacts in a game that is supposed to be interactive instead of Solo like the production shards, what a concept.  Basically UO used to be a "realistic" game, before Care Bearlands.  Anyways, I have met Sapper from Gilfane also my bro's neighbor, BeAsTiE BoY

Kael

Damn..that creepy elf baby arises again

Calibretto

Yeah that elf face it.....................

Scares me!

BeAsTiE BoY

it will be ok, he doesn't bite...  ;D

BeAsTiE BoY

I am home now my IQC is # 425389833     :D

Hoffs

Hi Beastie,

Thanks for the message and I'm glad you are on Siege. I should point out, though, that names with mixed case like that are strictly against Gilfane policies.

BeAsTiE BoY

Hi Hoffs, thanks for considering me, the rule says "Applicants may be turned away if their names are non-standard or inappropriate." Should I change my name and start a new character?  My current character has about 90 magery and 80 taming, I would hate to have to make a new character.  Do you think you can make an exception in this case as the rules state "may be turned away" and not "will be turned away?"  It was just a goofy name combination from back when it was cool to make a silly upper-lower case name, my brother always made fun of me and pronounced it with emphasis on the upper/lower combination, was funny, well please let me know as I do want to be in GIL and have some fun and help out guildies with Champ spawns, BB  ;D

Hoffs

Beastie,

I do not feel we can really make an exception. To be honest, I really hate names that look like that. It would also not be fair on others who we have turned down in the past and someone like Matrix, who actually got himself a name change token so that he could join. The 'may be turned away' part really applies to those that only narrowly transgress, such as the members we have called Bruce GEE and Hand of GoD.

I do feel bad about it, as I always do at times like this, but that is the way we are and it doesn't really fit in with our semi-RP nature. And with your taming at 80 it really would be a terrible shame and waste of your time to delete the character.

Calibretto

Bruse Gee will be changing his name as well.

BeAsTiE BoY

I am changing my name to Dire Wolf, getting a deed now as I really want to be a part of Gilfane  ;D

Calibretto

Eowyn

Oh dear another victim of a faulty shift key. Perhaps a victim of turetts or some other affliction that prevents coherent and civillised communication?
None the less welcome.
*edit*
Wow that is dedication to spend $20 for a guild. Please do put quite a bit of thought into your new name since I hope you will have it for years to come.

Dire Wolf

naw it was back when T2A came out, it was cool to have double shift names