Looking to bring my sweety in to UO

Started by Huyubusa, April 27, 2008, 05:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calibretto

Quote from: Eowyn on May 01, 2008, 03:16:38 PM
Ok tried it on my tamer with 85 weave and knight of compassion.
Both a packy and my nightmare rezed with 1/4 - 1/3  of there HP.
Mare has 315 HP and rezed with 111. I guess I need to play about with this a bit more since a bandaid rez on my pet brings it up redlined but a mage rez on a player brings them back with 3/4 of there HP...Ok just killed myself with GOL on and came back with about the same on my life bar as the pets with GOL.
Bahh GOL not influenced by virtues.
*wanders off grumbling*

You answered me before I asked!  Was wondering if compassion had any influence.

Eowyn

More importantly though, Rangers are traditionally archers in lore.[/quote]
I beg to differ Stryder is a ranger and his main weapon is the sword.

UncleSham

ok she enjoys pets and helping friends .

may i suggest the usual tame vet lore for the pets. magery for gating poeple around and ressing healing invis etc , also if she can work in some lesser chivalry the remove curse is a great boon for friend and pet alike. it removes all kinda nasty stuff including the mortal strike that turns your healthbar orange and wont let you heal / vet.
for a player we can eat the fancy apples . for a pet . mortal can be a killer . its really nice to have a paladin around for those times and you only need 50 or so chiv for it to work . plus then shes got the cure and heal chiv spells that work great without regs . awesome for death recovery. add a little spellweaving . the gift of renewal can be most helpfull and spellweaving also requires no regs .. gift of renewal is also nice for death recovery .

100 tame
100 lore
100 vet
110 mage
100 meditate
100 eval int
50 chivalry
20 spellweaving

-----
680 points . toss the rest into whatever you like .

i definately reccomend  a 10 mage scroll . fizzleing a res at the wrong time can be disasterous.
if shes gung ho about owning all the best pets put it into tame / lore .
(youll need 107 to bond firesteed .. its useless but looks great)

if she really wants to toss alot of spells spells ramp up the meditate.

all you need in spell weaving really is 20 to get off the occasional gift of renewal and natures fury unless she wants to go with the word of death thing (which truely is awesome) but then she'll have to gm it . i run with 20 sw because humans get a free 20 and you need to be within 20 points of others to form an arcane circle . at that level you can form one with about anyone . (its hard to get a circle of top level sweavers together ... unless you know a few such poeple already)

since you cant ride the dogs (cu-sidhe) without being an elf shes gonna have to be elf if she wants a dog . you cant bless the pads anymore. (i like dogs cause they can self heal and you dont have to mind them as much)

if she doesnt care about the dog and wants to be human . fine . theres your free 20 spellweaving .

however death recovery gets alot harder as a human cause your nightsight piece is probably on your corpse . its hard to recover in the dark. so unless she really HAS to be human for sentimental reasons ... go elf .

if she realy wants the word of death , etherial voyage , etc.

110 mage
100 sw
90 tame
90 vet
90 lore
90 eval
80 med
50 chiv
-----
700 points (add more to med if account is old enough)

use jewelery to make pets bond (keep jewels in bank for stable slots)... 90 is enough for controll of anything but firesteed . you may have to feed the dog a bunch but then you can also hop on it and pull it back. or siege bless a nice piece of  tame/ lore jewelry .
i like to run with a dog or hiryu. ride the etherial (charger of the fallen if shes not 3 yr account)
and occasionally hop off the etherial and drop a natures fury.

of course there are other templates . but i too enjoy helping my friends and i find that magery covers about anything you'll need to help people. personally i run 120s in tame and lore and as such dont have room for chivalry ... however there are times i really miss that remove curse ... all depends what she wants to do. (and what scrolls you have access to)

one final thought ... with 110 mage and a mage weapon bow she has 110 archery ... lacking the damage boost from tactics and anatomy of course . but youll hit descent at 110 and you can boost damage with consecrate weapon and devine furry if you have chiv.
besides , her pets should be the main source of whoopass . the archery is just icing =)

Vortex

Quote from: Calibretto on May 01, 2008, 09:11:56 PM
Quote from: Aeryn Dwinrae on May 01, 2008, 01:46:37 PM
Quote from: Calibretto on April 30, 2008, 11:40:57 AM
Does it do like 5 damage?  Otherwise with the changes I see no use for archery.

It does more than 5 for pvm, plus you missed the part that it has chivalry. Enemy of one and consecrate make that archery really nice even without tactics. More importantly though, Rangers are traditionally archers in lore.

good for rp purposes then. I loved it on tamers before it req tactics to dismount.

Agreed. It sounded to me like she is more into pvm. If it was pvp character, then tactics would be a must.

Blind Otto

Of course, there is always AEowyn and Nightingale's favorite skill to toss into the mix... herding.

For maximum effect, you'd need stealth and hiding, but there are many uses for it.

- getting fire beetles becomes easier. Simply move them to a spot with fewer monsters, then tame.
- ditto for cu-sidhes.
- move your pet's ghost around without needing to say 'follow me', thereby confusing PKs.
- make monsters break off attacks - almost a mini-peacemaking ability (Approx 2 seconds worth).
- you can have 40+ runebeetles following you around!
- amaze unsuspecting PKs who are silly enough to live within walking distance of monster spawns!
- it's generally insane! (see below!!)