Hello

Started by Amanda, March 26, 2008, 03:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amanda

I'm a returning UO player and I wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  My name is Amanda and I played UO off and on, usually staying for about two years each time.  My most recent stint was from about 2003-2005. 

As always once I get away from the game I miss it and decided to make a brand new account when my husband, who is currently playing WoW, reminded me that he bought a UO account and let it stay inactive for two years.  I reactivated it and found that the most developed character was on SP.  Ironically, about 10 minutes after logging on the former owner of the account walked up to me at the Luna bank and we started chatting - it was he who told me about the guild.  (And Shalimar, whose ICQ number I still had - I played on SP previously as a crafter for about three months, never really getting anywhere with it.) 

I want to knock around a little and figure out more or less how to play the game again and in a few weeks join a guild.  Yours certainly looks like my cup of tea, assuming if in a couple of weeks you are accepting new recruits/members - my interests are light to medium roleplaying, PvM, and enough PvP to be able to at least sort of defend myself or assist with a group.   

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day and hope to see some of you in the game.  Mostly (currently) I'm on in the morning (eastern standard time) and my character name is Damwyn Storm, though I might change that down the road because it feels weird playing a character with a name someone else name up.

-- Amanda

Hoffs

Hello Amanda. Thanks for the message and welcome back to Sosaria.

Gilfane always welcomes members providing they accept our rules of conduct and your interests certainly coincide with a majority of the guild. You are welcome to join us on a hunt or two while you are training and reacclimatizing. If you have ICQ, feel free to add me (number is on our home page).

NB. I am away for a few days, back on Sunday.

Becca

Welcome back.
How early in the morning do you usually play.
we have some early morning hunts with the guild.
Hope to see you around.

Vortex

Glad you made it here Amanda. I'm the one you talked to and sold the account to your husband (so you know who I am on the boards). Hope to see you around. After talking to you, I'm quite confident you would fit in well with us.

Amanda

Thank you, I think your group's play style would probably be what I'm looking for. 

So far as my play times, right now they vary tremendously.  I'm often on from about 8:30 or 9:00 am until about 11:00 am or so (all times are eastern standard).  Lately I've been on in the afternoon off and on, and right now I'm seldom on in the evenings.

Right now I'm just getting used to the game again and learning to use some things that I didn't use the first time around, i.e. UOAssist.  I'd love to tag along on some hunts and such once I get back into the swing a little after a week or so, thank you very much for asking.

-- Amanda 

Calibretto

Good to meet you Amanda. 

More women are always welcome!

Alizaren

Heh....don't hold Cali's overtness against us.

*giggles*

Calibretto

I had to look that word up!!     *Bangs head*

Amanda

Heh, cute.  :)  Well so far in my new career I've gotten my wrestling up to 70 today wrestling bulls and then found out that apparently the accommodations at the inn I logged out at were not the best because when I logged back on I had been kilt and dry looted.  I guess when I loudly announced to the innkeeper that I was the "mighty nox mage Damwyn Storm, Master of the Universe, come back after a long sabbatical to rule Sosaria" I should have been suspicious when his response was to smile knowingly and he told his hired help to give me "room 101" and something about the "place where there is sometimes darkness".  Oh well, live and learn.

I use the term "dry loot" with tongue in cheek because my strategy while I'm getting up and running is to use GM armor and limit what I carry.  Even so, it was a little annoying in a funny way.  Fortunately some fellow on a blue beetle came along and gave me some trash armor that was "cluttering up his bank box," and offered to let me slop his blue beetles and clean out the dragon cages for spare gold.  Nox mage of the universe or no, there are times not to be proud so I went for the cash.  The end result of all of this is that I've decided that I'm not going to bother to take off my death robe for awhile until I figure out a few things - such as an easy way to initially target someone while they are running around.  Back when I played I never had to worry about such things as my past career as a muleskinner on Atlantic.

-- Amanda

Calibretto

to target a moving person set a macro like

target nearest Mobile in you uo macros.

Troop

Hello there. Good that you are here.  ;D
Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.