hello

Started by UncleSham, March 14, 2008, 11:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleSham

greetings

this is UncleSham

i am Unclesham on the stratics forrums .
some of you may know me as Borg in game.

been on siege about a couple months (this time around)

i have played siege for around 3 years , but i havent been here since lake austin went public.
what 4 or 5 years now ?

ive been in game since almost the beginning with no interuptions . i started on napa valey as "moonshadow" and being from chicago found my ping to california was not good (i didnt know of such things then) so i moved to great lakes and my first Borg was born. (much better ping for me)
there i founded "the collective" [ONE] we were all Borg . all named Borg all identical down to our speach color . we all rode grey mares and wore grey untagged gm leater. the only differences were our guild titles which we would turn off when hunting.

the idea was , in group pvp you single out one person and take them out first . if someone tried that with us it usually went like this :
kill borg first ... ok which one ? . um wait . i cant ooOooooOo

however i soon found that such a hugely populated shard meant more lag . so the collective moved to legends . at the time it was called AOL legends as you needed an aol account to get access. this made the shard vastly uderpopulated .(we all bought 5 dollar basic aol accounts) my lag improved dramaticly and thus began my love of small shards.

when aol legends became legends the population soared  and i again found myself looking for a small shard . thats when i found siege . i thought this is tough , but my lag is good and hey how bad can it be ? (lol)

i managed to get a couple of my guild to follow me and raised annother Borg to gm taming here on siege . however the borg idea never really cought on on siege . it meant asking poeple to start over (no soulstones then).

with the collective struggling and the fact that 2 good friends i came to play with quit , i was getting bummed and heard of a new shard opening , lake austin . here we go . annother small shard . i was in on day one and loved it . i became quite the trammie . (hey this is easy)

i tended to avoid fel as only the dirtbags went there . i let my pvp skills slip and settled into full carebare mode . ive done pretymuch everything there is to do in trammie land . and frankly im bored . the only thing left that makes my heart pound is pvp . i do have a couple houses grandfatherd on siege so here i am . old and in the way . but willing to give it annother shot.

ive spent the last couple months trying to reequip all my guys and bring up the nessesary skills to 120
the collective stone still stands however i was not allowed to ally my guild . hhsf would take me but only if i joined one of the existing guilds . king edward found me one day standing dejected in the bank with a dead mare .noone would help me and i couldnt raise it myself as my vet was too low (we didnt have bondable pets back then) . he not only helped me when noone else did he took me to the house and gave me 2 15 vet jeweles so i wouldnt have that problem again. so i joined his guild .

i know many of you have issues with ed , but hes been nothing but kind to me . he just has no diplomacy at all . hes the kinda guy who would say , yes dear that dress does make you look fat. doesnt care who he pisses off , but as far as i can tell hes honest . and to me thats much better than someone who talks flowery and then sticks a knife in your back. i was willing to go with ed when he got booted but he would have none of it . he told me to stay with the alliance . didnt want to see others hurt. so with a heavy heart i told him goodby and mal-grim took me in.

while in the alliance i met cali and learned of GIL . you folks sounded real nice to me . im an old roleplayer at heart . perhapse one day ill stop in for story day or whatever y'all call it.
maybe we can still game together sometime .i like doing champs and pearless . and hope to one day figure out how to pvp again with these new profiles.

i hope one day we can get past all this ed drama and enjoy the game . 

sorry for such a long post , but thats me . rather complex

Alizaren

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I am certain I've seen you around town and remember you from vent a time or two. I think I may have even donated a talisman or two to your cause. It's a lil slow right now with people taking some space from all the recent drama and spring break and such. I'm sure it will pick up though. Till then though, "mellow greetings".

Here's to see'in ya around the water cooler!

Vortex

No one questions that Ed is an honest person who does good things for his friends. That is not the only measurement of the quality of an individual. People are judged on their treatment of others as well.

That said, I have seen you on many occasions Borg and you seem to be a great person. I hope to see you around a lot!

Kael

Hello Unclesham

I've seen your posts on Stratics and its nice to see you here :  )

UncleSham

Alizarin , yeah the tinker talis. yes most helpfull thanks . i spent all day trying to find those . i been building up my warrior . figured while i had points to burn id try to do the para box thing. i blew myself up probably a dozen times before i realized i needed a tali . hehe i still blow myself up but at least i did manage to make a few. its a long run from his house to a shrine. i see now why poeple charge as much as they do for these.
my warrior is coming along nicely tho guess ill be buying the boxes from now on. hes running out of points again.(unclesham is my warrior) ill be bringing him out soon . he was 5 time gm when i left him but things changed so much in 5 years i almost totaly had to rebuild him. not sure what guild im gonna put him in just yet.

aeryn , yes i know . what he said was wrong i admit that .  i felt a certain obligation to him tho as he did help me so much when i came back. but hes appologised and payed for it. i just think this got blown way out of proportion . i mean come on he insulted an enemy . these 2 apparently have been arch enemies for a long time .
one thing ive noticed , if hes your friend theres nothing he wont do for you , if hes an enemy the gloves are off .
why she chose to give him that information in the first place is still in question to me . she must have known he would use it and when he did she went public with it . seems to me that might have been her goal in the first place . not 10 minuits after it happened she was all over stratics with screenshots and everything . smells like a set up if you ask me, and she suceeded. the alliace got damaged more than any war could ever have done.

im sorry i dont mean to rant ... it just tears me up to see so many friendships sunderd over such a thing . one of the reasons i left LA was because someone in our alliance got demonised for his lack of tact. i was forced to chose between friends like a child caught in a divorce , and here we have it all over agian.

again im sorry i didnt mean for this to be anything more than an introduction . ill let it go i just want poeple to stop and think for a minuit . consider how this all affects each other.

Keal . hello nice to be here . if youve seen my posts on stratics you know i cant resist a good rant . ill champion any cause i deem worthy. hopefully i havent been too outspoken here.
i realise carying eds torch in here is like wearing the wrong jacket in highschool. its just with kelmo deleting anything that even remotely supported ed i felt someone should stick up for him.

for the rest of you , ill shut up about ed now . you know how i feel . lets get on with the game.

just when/where is this story hour , or day , (whatever) . ill come listen . i may even have a few storys ,that dont involve any drama , to share with you one day . for now tho ill just listen.
i used to roal play a pirate prety heavy in the early days . i gmed fishing before trammel existed . you used to be able to drop a blade spirit or firefields on someones boat . (and the mayhem commenced) . maybe one day ill tell y'all about the shoe bombs =)

or maybe the time someone gated a demon into the harpy room , whooo boy that sucked . i was one of the newbies running for the door with my ass on fire .

Alizaren

Story Night is generally held on Tuesday nights at about 7pm Pacific time I think. Though with the recent time change, I am not 100% sure. It's held at the Golden Unicorn Tavern, which is a straight shot from the Yew Gate, I believe South. It's located in the heart of Wispwood Shire. Bruin usually posts about it a couple days before and there's a map in the posts. Also, I think gates are offered from Umbra.

Those are exactly the kinds of tales we enjoy hearing, come on out and share.

Calibretto

Good to finally see you here Borg. We need to get back at some champs I'm still needing a 120 archery. ^^

UncleSham

allizaren , yeah ill try to put some of my memorys into story form , but id like to see how everything plays out . how long typical storys run etc . im sure i have a yarn or two stuck under me hat . ARR!

an old pirate walks into a bar . hes got an old fashioned wood ships steering wheel hanging out of his zipper . some dude says "hey , you know you have a steering wheel hangin outa your fly ?" the old salt replies "aye , its drivin me nuts"

cali , yes indeed i need quite a few scrolls myself . we'll have to burn down a spawn or two sometime. id also love to see annother harrower . siekotan and i have been collecting skulls and i believe jsv has a set ready . we just need the manpower and a good excuse to get together.

by the way if anyone has a 15 magery id like to continue work on my nox mage . i got him trained up to 110 but thats the best scroll i can find . need to get him back into training . i can dig up some gold im sure and i do have some other scrolls i could trade .
icq 434 381 629

Texas Black

;D Hi Unclesham I think you helped me once in trinsic way back when I was in NEW I could'nt gate travel then. Good to see ya  ;D

Hoffs

Hi Uncle. We have met. Thanks for stopping by.