A disturbing dream

Started by Hoffs, October 22, 2008, 07:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoffs

Last night I slept uneasily. I woke and found myself on a hill overlooking the city of Britain to the west. All around, the grass was an unusually vivid green.

I sensed a presence at my rear, and turning around I saw a very old man with a red robe and staff walking toward me. Although I have never met him of course, I knew this mean was Verne, founder and first Keeper of Gilfane, and his weapon was the Staff of Lore.

Before I could speak, he stopped and pointed back toward the city. As I returned my attention to Britain, I noticed winged shapes circling above it; fell dragons with fiery breath and razor claws. From the sea, boats appeared and as they reached the shore, scores of sinister elves and humans emerged and began ransacking the beautiful town. The few guards that were there ran over to confront the invaders, but were quickly overwhelm and the city was left undefended. Working alongside all these were our main enemies; the servants of Minax and the Shadowlords.

In horror, I turned once again to speak to Verne, yet before I could do so he touched his finger to my lips. He then placed the Staff of Lore into one of my hands and drew a glowing sword from the folds of his robe and placed this into my other.

Briefly, the grave look on his face broke and a feint smile appeared. His right hand clenched my shoulder and as it did so I felt my vision fading. I woke again, in a sweat, back in my own bed.

I do not know whether this was just a flight of fancy or the result of too much chicken and potatoes last night, but nevertheless I am calling on all of Gilfane to ready themselves for war. I have given instructions that work on renovating the South Tower, which guards the entrance from Umbra, be hastened.

Step up your training, secure your homes, ensure you are well stocked. All prelates should ensure that their subjects are fully prepared. It is time for the houses of Silvanus, Nemesis, Vorrak, Silverwood, Loth'migh and even Vernia to be ready for war!

Mystikal

Tjalle

Reuggan

Quote from: Hoffs on October 22, 2008, 07:58:24 AM
I do not know whether this was just a flight of fancy or the result of too much chicken and potatoes last night

Umm, a few to many of these perhaps?

Guiness

Quote from: Reuggan on October 22, 2008, 01:13:04 PM
Quote from: Hoffs on October 22, 2008, 07:58:24 AM
I do not know whether this was just a flight of fancy or the result of too much chicken and potatoes last night

Umm, a few to many of these perhaps?

Guinness, it's not just for breakfast anymore!

Ian James

*looks through chests of various pieces of armor and shakes head*

"Where's that cranky bastard Harold?"

*heads towards Citadel*
Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob

Phantroneous

*shakes his head and walks away*

Lethe Goatsherd

Tho' I'm nae member, if any member needs Crafting done, I'd be happy to aid....