Hello Gilfane

Started by shipw, October 22, 2008, 01:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shipw

I live just east of your town, through the caves. I played on Siege long ago and left for about 6 years. I stumbled across the news about the new client and development and wanted to come back to see. I was delighted to find my characters and bank intact.

Much less people but from what I have seen so far, the quality of people is much higher.

I am working on updating my template now.. this is going to take some work.

If anyone needs some extra firepower along, just holler. Mage-Archer (100/110) at the moment and my blacksmith has swords and both have high healing.

my icq is 89424938

Tjalle

Hi there and welcome to these boards.  :)

What´s your name ingame?

/tjalle

Hoffs

Greetings, sir. Thank you for your message. I urge you to be wary, for I believe that war is coming to our lands.

shipw

thank you!

I go by Shipwrek in game, what I think of as my "main" character. My blacksmith is named "Daemon's Forge" (I'm a unix geek irl) who I hope still has valuable skills in the land.

I wrote to your info@ email giving more detail behind my names and history.

Thank you for your warning Hoffs. I am blowing the dust off of my memories of battle macros and struggling to decide between redoing UOAssist or figuring out the new client interface (or just waiting for the SA release!) For the time being, I am dying more than not.

Hoffs

Sorry for not replying to the email. I hadn't checked it for several days as I rarely get guild messages that way. I have added you to ICQ and sent you a message anyway.

I think I would stick to 2d for now and wait for the SA client.

Alizaren

Aha! I saw you wandering through GIL town a couple nights ago. Wondered who you were! Stop by the Gilfane Home for Wayward Elves if you need a place to rest. It's got nice shady apple trees, stables, and a smallish smithy.

Hettar

Quote from: Alizaren on October 22, 2008, 11:17:35 PM
It's got nice shady apple trees, stables, and a smallish smithy.

It's got quite a SHADY owner as well... 8)

shipw

Quote from: Alizaren on October 22, 2008, 11:17:35 PM
Aha! I saw you wandering through GIL town a couple nights ago. Wondered who you were! Stop by the Gilfane Home for Wayward Elves if you need a place to rest. It's got nice shady apple trees, stables, and a smallish smithy.

Thanks, Alizaren. I will do that. I was wandering about trying to get ideas on how to raise a house. You did a great job on that place. Very nice.

I hope they fix some of the bugs with the current custom housing system. I ended up with a chimney sticking through the floor.

Alizaren

Our famed "Razz" designed the house. He is a marvel of design. There is one across the road from me that he is working on, it's a two-plot design and looks continuous. An amazing talent that guy has!

And Hettar!!! I am NOT shady. I may be known in some circles as a spy...... *giggles* but I assure you that is all merely smoke and mirrors!

Phantroneous

Razz is great at creating houses... but i also love to make houses.... i live near gilfane as well.... maybe ill show you some of the ones i did.... :) i do hope to fight along side you somtime.....

Phantroneous Cat :)

shipw

Quote from: Phantroneous on October 23, 2008, 05:30:21 PM
Razz is great at creating houses... but i also love to make houses.... i live near gilfane as well.... maybe ill show you some of the ones i did.... :) i do hope to fight along side you somtime.....

Phantroneous Cat :)

Likewise!  I think I did see one of your houses. Do you live toward the north end of that "island" Gilfane is on?