Lady Becca of GIL Passed Away

Started by Sarah, September 26, 2023, 12:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

It is with a heavy heart that I have to share such sad news. Becca Passed away Thursday September 21st. Becca was just a really nice person. She would do anything for you, in the game or out. She will definitely be missed.

For anyone interested, following is the information on her services.

Viewing on Sunday, October 1 from 2 to 4 p.m. at Newcomer, Akron Chapel, 131 N. Canton Rd, Akron OH 44312. The funeral service will take place Monday, October 2 at 10:30 a.m.

Becca was loved by many. Feel free to post any condolences or fond memories.

Shalimar

Very sad news. Becca was one of our early NEW grads. She was always very quiet and sweet and just got stuck in to training her skills. When her NEW time was over she joined Gilfane as they had been the guild who were most involved with our new players, taking them out on hunts most days so she already knew the guild she was joining. Later, Hoffs would come to the house accompanied by Becca et al., and they continued to help out a great deal inviting all NEW who were in game out on a hunt.

I had a house placed by the North wall of Yew bank many moons ago and although it was a great spot it wasn't quite the 18x18 wanted, so I eventually dropped it and went by it a few days later to find a very nice treehouse in the spot. The new owner was home and came out to speak. Her name was Izabo. I was yattering on about Siege and asked her if she was new and then she said she was Becca's *sister*.

As I posted on your other forum yesterday I can only repeat that my condolences go to Becca's family and friends and she will be very much missed.
Shalimar Guildmistress of NEW

Tjalle

Aye, I was shocked yesterday when I found out. Felt surrealistic somehow. I will miss her.

As been said above me, Lady Becca was one of those kind persons who would always help you in any way she could. She was fun to play with. I always liked how, in situations where the odds were against her, she many times managed to survive when monsters caused mayhem or PKs raided our hunts. That always made me smile.  :)

My condolences as well to her family and friends.

CharGar

Becca was such an amazing person.  Her and that huge dragon of hers just plugging away at the spawn, with Hoffs very close by.  We always playfully teased each other about who was Hoffs' favorite. In my opinion, she was everyone's favorite.  My condolences go out to the family.

Humhum

That is very sad news. Though we didn't communicate much, Lady Becca was always kind and helpful. Deepest condolences to the family and friends.

Sara Dale

When we had the meet a few years ago Becca was there.  She was quiet but a very nice person and also in game.  She was very fair to everyone. I will miss her.  Condolences to her family and all her friends.

Torin

I canĀ“t recall on how many guild hunts she was there and revealed herself to ressurect me, cause I died stupidly again. I wish I could send a ressurect spell myself now to her.

Thank you Becca, I will miss you. May you rest in peace.

My deepest condolence to her family.

a dead yeti

Condolences go to Becca's family and friends.  We have missed her in the mornings.  Thank you Becca.

Troop

This is very sad. She was a nice lady and will be missed. Condolences to her family and friends.
Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

steven41

WoW, this is very sad.  Becca is the reason why I still have my account.  When I quit last time, I gave away a lot of stuff.  I gave quite a bit to Becca.  When I returned, she gave me back the stuff I had given her.  If I had to start over, I probably would have not kept playing.  I always enjoyed playing with Becca and hunting along side her.  I will miss her.

Bithmus

When I started playing Ultima Online after a 16 year absence I immediately joined Gilfane and had no idea what I was doing.  Becca was kind enough to repair my jewelry every week for months before someone told me that I could do it myself with the repair bench at the hub!  Becca gave me so many things and resurrected my pet more times than I can count.

Becca is sorely missed.  My heart goes out to Becca's family and friends.

CharGar

I first met Becca a few years ago when friends came in from England and we all went out to dinner.  My first thoughts were how much she reminded me of Loretta Lynn.  She was just beautiful inside and out.  Going forward, I would tease her about that day and how much fun we had.  She will be missed.

Dr Alzheimer

Very sad news. Becca was such a lovely person. When I was a newcomer to GIL she took care of me (together with others) and she always offered good advice or support. She was incredibly kind and decent and had a lovely sense of humor. She was an impersonation of all things good in this guild/alliance. Such a good human being.
Two beer or not two beer - that is the question! Shakespeare.

Leprechaun

So sad to see this.
Becca was always so friendly and supportive over the years. She was a dominant player and an integral part of Gilfane and will be sorely missed.