Skull tile

Started by Sara Dale, June 29, 2023, 09:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Dale

Just saw this on my cross stitching board. 

https://www.everythingcrossstitch.com/chitchat.aspx?ccf=111,61886

You will have to copy and past it to your browser.

Humhum

Pretty!
Oh, what have you done, my lady... XD now I want to try make the original artwork into a pattern. I think it can become a neat ~11x11 cm thingy.

Humhum

Okaay, this is what I drew so far. To be honest, like 50% of it is my fantasy about what it might look like, because the original is so blurry.
Made with flosscross wed page, which is set for dmc. 69x69. I like them small, lol. X)
Hope colours look fine on your monitors.. anyway, I need to put it away for a few days to see clearly if it needs changes, so, it's not a chat yet (god, flosscross pdfs are ugly).

This pic will be up for 2 month.
Skull-Tied-Floor-flat" border="0

Sara Dale

Thats cool.   I saw the one I posted on my stitching message board page.   

https://www.everythingcrossstitch.com/chitchat.aspx

The only cross-stitch I do is the printed.  Mostly baby quilts and some tablecloths.  The counted is to small of holes for me to do.   

Humhum

Yes, thanks, checked your board and found few things for later - those meesmerizing geometric square patterns, which look like a kaleidoscope.

Quote from: Sara Dale on July 14, 2023, 12:54:04 AMThe counted is too small of holes for me to do. 
I see. For some reason I'm on the oppposite side, even though I have a poor eyesight)) Really enjoy making small crafts and cross stiching on aida 18 is an oddly satisfying activity.

Sara Dale

Stitching is relaxing.  I have made around 30 (give or take) blankets.  Most I have given to relatives, a few I have charged for.   

somewhere on this board are I few that Char has posted about.

Humhum

That is really sweet.
Yeees, I'd say it is catching, you think you make a few crosses and then there is almost a bed time. )

I did change it a little, like ten squares. This is it. Lets make some fan craft.
For me there is going to be another step - matching colours with the local brand ot threads before I can try it out on canvas. Aaaand if anyone can tell me how to wrap a long text into "more" code, please do! so that I a least spam about stiching within reasonable bounds.

Sara Dale

That will be nice when its done.  You have a talent for doing that. I need the printed and bigger stitches.  When I get mine done I will send you a picture of it.

I also put a backing on mine.

Humhum

You are too kind, web tools make creating a pic much easier. I remember redrawing the verse from the Ruling Ring from LoTR on paper when I was a teen. It was fun, lmao, all those school workbook sheets attached together were sooo long.
Quote from: Sara Dale on July 22, 2023, 07:01:50 PMWhen I get mine done I will send you a picture of it.
Pleasse, do!) sorry for late answers.
Not sure if I get it right: by backing you mean adding another layer of fabric to canvas?

Sara Dale

Since mine are blankets I find material that will match or come close to what is on the front. 

Humhum

I see. Was not sure, because I dont't really know sewing vocabulary.

Humhum

Hi, everyone. Today I need to show off a little bit. Made it, yay! Say hi to my hand. ;D
I kind of failed the checkered part of the skull pattern, it is all there, but it definitely needs a more distinct colour difference to be seen from a distance.
Also fixed a couple misplaced squares on the way.

IMG-20230921-160047" border="0

Sara Dale

Wow! That is great. I love the colors. Keep up the good work on your stitching. 

Branwyn of Errol

If you print out the pattern on ink jet T-shirt transfer paper you can iron it on the cloth you want to embroider.

Humhum

Thank you, I will.

Quote from: Branwyn of Errol on September 21, 2023, 10:06:48 PMink jet T-shirt transfer paper
*gasps* that's wichery! Great idea.