The Ruling House contest April 14th - May 12th '18

Started by Blind Otto, April 09, 2018, 07:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blind Otto

When this contest was announced, House Serpent offered to aid any who requested it.
In response to such a request, we will now throw the full strength of our arms (quiet, you!) behind the efforts of House Silvanus.

As our watchwords are Truth, Courage and Honor, I regret we will be of little use in the Shady Behaviour department, but Mithras works in mysterious ways. We shall see. At least, you will. I tend to bump into things.

Gunth

Silvanus is happy to accept the support of House Serpent in the Ruling House Contest.

With your help we have a good chance of retaining our ruling house status.

Hoffs

Branwyn of Errol

So the Druids of Silvanus have successfully enchanted the blind leader of House Serpent into serving them.
How intriguing!

Blind Otto

My blade is ever willing to serve a worthy cause, and what knight would turn down a damsel in distress?

Should another damsel find herself in distress, it may be worth noting that KSS, while unwilling to be known as mercenaries, might be willing to offer a hedge knight to an appropriate cause.

Exploiting loopholes? Me? How dare ye! I shall hear ye on the field of battle, whoever implied such knavery!

Branwyn of Errol

*Looks around*

Loopholes? Exploiting? Knavery?
Where did such notions come from? Did my somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment arouse them in someone's mind? I was merely putting forth an observation that since KSS are unwilling to be known as mercenaries (and any house is permitted to hire outsiders to aid them in the contest), that some enchantment persuaded you to be employed in Silvanus' service. And it was made in jest of course since I suspect that you are above enchantments, even theirs.
My dear Lord Otto, I cannot imagine any of the ladies of House Silvanus in distress as they are all quite powerful, which is why Silvanus is the ruling house of Gilfane. It is the Eldress of House Silverwood who may be more likely to find herself in that position. I am comforted in knowing that you might be willing to come to her aid in that case.

Blind Otto

Ah, fear not. I thought I heard someone behind me whispering such deceitful things! (Probably Razz)
Aye, I am here to defend the weak, protect the innocent, and hopefully entertain with a lively tale should I survive the first two matters!
But aye, the term "hedge knight" is vastly preferable to "mercenary". At least I could be mistaken for a gardener, by the illiterate and uninformed. Now bring me a shrubbery!