Greetings to the White Council and its membership

Started by Piram Agrivar, February 28, 2018, 03:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piram Agrivar

I have returned to Siege about 3 months now. Only now have I made my way to these forums. Some may recognize the name from long ago times. I will confirm that for anyone that knew, or knows the history of, Piram Agrivar from KSS, that I am indeed the original. I rode with Py Lethius, and together we started the ideal that became KSS. He was the leader, and few better have I known. I was a Knight in the ranks, and we meted out justice to the killers and murderers of those times. Real life pulled me away, but I have returned now. I was eager to pick up where I left off, but the world has changed considerably. I now have thrown my lot in with UWSP and am finding a life there. Good folk, and a good leader too. So if you are out in the world and see Piram, Phaedrin, or Argus Agrivar with the UWSP badge, fear not, and stop to chat. Also know that I will not shy from a call of aid, but I have vowed to the neutrality of UWSP. But honor requires I aid where I can.

So I offer a hearty 'Hail" and "Well met" to the White Council and its members. Tis good to see some history still thrives after so many years.

"Sol Invictus"  *Salutes*

Creeger

Welcome back. I've enjoyed reading about your adventures on Stratic.

Hoffs

Greetings, Piram, and thanks for the words. 'tis a great shame for the cause of justice that one so bold has chosen the UWSP "neutrality" path, that word being a euphemism for "let's hope that the bad guys leave us alone and pick on other people instead".

ii & Sabin

Natalia

Blind Otto

Hail, brother Knight!

Know that your return is most welcome. I believe ye have chosen a good group to find your feet with, but I also know that neutrality is a fragile creature in these lands.
If ye can nurture and protect it, and help it survive, then t'will be a major feat. But, if the day comes when ye find thy blood boiling at the injustice around ye, and begin to think of a different, yet familiar path, well - there is an ancient stone atop the Temple of Mithras that I can only tend, not breathe life into, yet I often find myself tracing my fingers over its engraved runes.... Truth... Courage... Honor. 

Let us see where life's road leads!

SOL INVICTUS!

Magichands

Quote from: Hoffs on February 28, 2018, 05:19:20 AM
Greetings, Piram, and thanks for the words. 'tis a great shame for the cause of justice that one so bold has chosen the UWSP "neutrality" path, that word being a euphemism for "let's hope that the bad guys leave us alone and pick on other people instead".

Hoffs you know i respect you and all GIL (and i tried always to help all of you when asked) but i think this could be avoided... If anyone don't accept our philosophy i can accept it, but accuse us to stay neutral just because in this way bad guys attack other people is a lie... We are neutral because we like play with all kind of people... We like attend all events also if that mean be killed and looted... We like chat with everyone... They can be red or blue... If they respect us (and that doesn't mean don't kill us) we are happy to play with everyone... We don't like stay hidden or in silence so neutrality it's perfect for our play style... There are periods where we live without problems and periods, like this, where bad guys target us and so we have to survive in some way...
Not all are enough strong to live in their "own" world without help of other people... And not all like use weapons all time.. There are also people that can help without being in the middle of fight... And being neutral doesn't mean don't fight... If our guildmates are attacked, they can defend themselves if they want... There are people like Piram that are good in that ,and there are people that aren't good and so just die without complaining...
We'll be always ready to help against real bad players but rarely i see someone around hunting them, so noone can pretend that a guild of workers and pvmer start to protect all others.

Hoffs

Quote from: Magichands on February 28, 2018, 12:22:55 PM
We'll be always ready to help against real bad players but rarely i see someone around hunting them, so noone can pretend that a guild of workers and pvmer start to protect all others.

"A guild of workers and PvMers" is a fair description of the White Council from shortly after Piram's leaving until relatively recently. We are still mostly that; I myself generally hate PvP. But we have always opposed evil and those who seek to impose their will upon others regardless. Being unable to fight back does not mean you have to claim "neutrality", nor does it mean that you have to stop all dealings with such people. But claiming neutrality suggests that you see no difference between murderers and those who are expressly forbidden from harming others.

Magichands

Being unable to fight back does not mean you have to claim "neutrality", nor does it mean that you have to stop all dealings with such people. But claiming neutrality suggests that you see no difference between murderers and those who are expressly forbidden from harming others.

[/quote]

We aren't claiming neutrality because we can't fight back... We are claimimg neutrality because we don't make difference between a side or the other when dealing with them.... If i follow good side i can't deal with evil side or i'll be a lier... Same for the opposite... And anyway i never forbidden to my guildmate to harm people... I forbidden them to start a fight as first attacker... They can protect themselves if they want, as they can help people if they are attacked by common enemies... Just i don't accept the KOS rules against people (also if they deserve it).

Anyway i stop here i don't want ruin Piram greetings post.

Hoffs

I will stop too and also apologize for derailing this thread. I am afraid it is the reaction of one who has become increasingly weary of these lands in which we live.

Branwyn of Errol

Welcome back!
I do not believe we have met but I hope to do so soon.
I have been in GILFANE since May 2008 but do to my occupation have had long sabbaticals at times. I am the retired Eldress of House Silverwood, but I must say that our House, (and I believe I have a right to speak on its behalf) has always been tolerant of diversity (to the consternation of some of our guildmates) and we have been open to dealing with those who have strayed from the virtues (repentance is always possible) . Most of us pursue some craft either as a business or a hobby. But we draw the line at making a personal profit from commerce with those who are openly committed to out of context violence against other players.

Tjalle

Piram Agrivar

I thank you all for the gracious welcoming. Great houses are needed in these lands. Leaders for the immigrants who find themselves lost in what can be a harsh land. Protectors for those unable to do so for themselves. A harbor for the lost looking for direction and community. Gilfane is one of, if not the, largest of the Great Houses. UWSP is growing, and one day may reach the recognition of a Great House. Many of Gilfane citizens are veterans in these lands. Some I hear are from Great Houses of old. But the days of the Shire, Iantown, New, and the Knights of Wintermoor have passed. Only reminders of those times remain, memories and tales. My old Brother Otto has tended the memory of the Knights with honor. But it is a memory now. This is a new age. Some things have changed in the world, but some have not.. The need for the brave, the honorable, and the righteous exists today, as it did then. This land is still wrought with dangers. New creatures invade, new brigands ride. Our duty lies to each other, to support and aid against such evils. I returned with this in mind, but found that I mostly rode alone. One against the tide is but a pebble in the pond, so I gave way and joined a group I found to be genuine in their desire to help others. This shall suffice for now. I ride as a protector of those within UWSP, as I was once battle hardened and many of their citizens are not. The 'Neutrality' spoken of is not a hiding or shrinking from battle... it is merely a code of ethics. I would surmise that Gilfane has a code as well. Every successful house should. I would ask, nay... pray, that philosophical differences between our houses be put aside. For in the end I believe it is the wish on both sides that our land prospers, and that we are all brothers and sisters in the 'good fight'. I will come when the horn blows. I will respect each I meet in the land that earns my respect. Those of ill intent will receive justice. My allegiance is to honor. That includes my Master, the Great Houses of the lands and their leaders, the peoples of the land, and the Monarchy. Those of evil in the land, I will not strike first, I will not berate publicly... it serves no purpose but to diminish my honor by putting myself at their level. This is a core concept in UWSPs 'Neutrality'. and it aligns well with my own code from days of old.

UWSP, the Houses of Gilfane, the White Council... I will be your sword, I will be your shield, I will be your companion, I will be your brother.
Sol Invictus   *Salutes*