Players taking control of King's Council?

Started by Hoffs, January 05, 2017, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelmo

I appreciate your concerns, Hoffs. I will make an effort at better communication. Your input is invaluable.

Hoffs

Having some kind of reward for the person that actually organizes an event would be nice, although I am not sure exactly what it could be. Just maybe the EM would be given authority to produce a commemorative trophy that could be handed out to such people, if he and the Council agree iit was worthy, possibly with their name and the event name/date on it, and maybe dyed to the colour that the player prefers to make it slightly different to others. But that may well crate more problems than it is worth as it might lead to arguments about which events are worthy.

Perhaps the Council could create a fund, possibly even using commission from the auction, to purchase items as rewards.

Or is there some other thing/benefit that could be given to people who do the work? Perhaps increased voting power on the Council for any governor/rep that has run an event during this or the previous term.

Freja

Not sure about that, I rather see people doing it for the reward of seeing people enjoy their event. The wish for making an event and be a governor should came from the heart. I just fear it will have a bad effect.
I did not want to dumb your ideas, any brainstorming is good and all ideas should be considered.
Freja, Vampire, The Dark Outlaws, TDO* & Tina Tink, Crafter

Hoffs

Quote from: Freja on January 06, 2017, 05:30:16 PM
Not sure about that, I rather see people doing it for the reward of seeing people enjoy their event. The wish for making an event and be a governor should came from the heart. I just fear it will have a bad effect.
I did not want to dumb your ideas, any brainstorming is good and all ideas should be considered.

I think you are probably right. But possibly some extra small Council benefit would be good to just encourage people to do some kind of small event. But that depends on what the Council actually does so it a matter for future discussion anyway.

Natalia

It is a nice idea to have some kind of plaque for doing an event.  This might get to be tedious finding one to give out, unless the EM helped.  I don't know if they are allowed to do anything for player events.    I cannot foresee that  the current EM would willingly  participate in this, even if it was allowed. 

I like to put on events, but don't feel I need a plaque.  However, if I got one, I would cherish it.

Branwyn of Errol

Well firstly I would like to say that if we are to have a King (Kelmo) then we need a Queen to balance things out. I propose Sara Dale, former Miss Siege and loved by many, respected by all be crowned as our Queen.
      I gathered from the meeting I attended yesterday, that there is a consensus on having a governing council which includes, along with the governors, leaders of player towns, unincorporated places and towns outside of Blackthorn Kingdom. I am inclined to believe that there is sufficient interest to make this happen. Furthermore, since Governors of VvV towns are somewhat handicapped to stage events, they would benefit from collaboration with leaders of more peaceful locations where that type of disruption would not occur.

Hoffs

Quote from: Branwyn of Errol on January 07, 2017, 12:33:08 AM
      Well firstly I would like to say that if we are to have a King (Kelmo) then we need a Queen to balance things out. I propose Sara Dale, former Miss Siege and loved by many, respected by all be crowned as our Queen.

Any king/lord/sovereign/head of the Council would be elected by the Council itself. If that person, male or female, wishes to marry then I am sure Siege would welcome its first official wedding for years...

Dr Alzheimer

Including my House Designing Contest I did 17 small events during my first 12 months in SP. As someone who is doing societal free work in RL I can tell you, it is not only about intrinsic motivation: the social aspect, the respect of your fellow citizens as well as small symbolic rewards are important. There are many disappointing moments and SP can be a very complicated place. Facing the annoying politics of this shard and the periodical impact of asshat-PKs who want to destroy any positive efforts I would strongly reccommend a mechanism of rewards for organizers as well as a mechanism of protection for those events like bans/Embargos for those who destroy them... Otherwise it wont work.

And now we will all wait for the Veto of the other side, I know it will come. Honestly, I have not much hope. This council will die in the very moment the next HI-5-clone shows up and sabotages everything.

But it is worth a try...
Two beer or not two beer - that is the question! Shakespeare.