Artisan Festival strategy

Started by Hoffs, December 04, 2016, 11:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razz

Quote from: Freja on December 09, 2016, 08:29:54 AMMy idea is, instead of putting up stewards with free bods for the non crafters, I rather see the crafters put filled, ready for the elf on vendors.

The BoDs on the Stewards should already be filled and ready for turn in.

Freja

Yes if we are talking of crappy bods that do not cost much to make but I was thinking instead of me adding 20-30 LBODS of 110 to 250 banking points, I could add the 10 of them and be sure to get a reward and sell the rest to someone who would like to have a chance for a reward and I would get some of the money back I used to buy ingots for.
I feel it is insane, that one person turn in 20-30 bods to get one reward. Sure I will let my other account turn in some of them but I may still have a few I can sell and help others.
I do know I increase my own chance if I only give crappy bods away and I could end up not get gifts on all my chars, if I sell some of the LBODS to others.

I do believe we may be able to finish more than one tree more if the young crafters can afford to help.
Freja, Vampire, The Dark Outlaws, TDO* & Tina Tink, Crafter

Sara Dale

The highest points I gave to the elf was 660 points  the lowest was 350.  One in between and we all 3 got something.

Hoffs

Quote from: Freja on December 09, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
Yes if we are talking of crappy bods that do not cost much to make but I was thinking instead of me adding 20-30 LBODS of 110 to 250 banking points, I could add the 10 of them and be sure to get a reward and sell the rest to someone who would like to have a chance for a reward and I would get some of the money back I used to buy ingots for.
I feel it is insane, that one person turn in 20-30 bods to get one reward. Sure I will let my other account turn in some of them but I may still have a few I can sell and help others.
I do know I increase my own chance if I only give crappy bods away and I could end up not get gifts on all my chars, if I sell some of the LBODS to others.

I do believe we may be able to finish more than one tree more if the young crafters can afford to help.

Yes, I think that is fair idea. Give it a try and see how well they sell.

*edit* ..of course, one risk is that you may have someone buy them to turn in for normal BOD rewards and the shard would never get the benefit of your work, so they would have to be priced to avoid that.

Hoffs

I am now utterly confident that the theorised point structure is correct. As a final test we added BODs to the elf at server-up in Minoc and the Charlie Brown tree appeared at 1k bank points.

Freja

Quote*edit* ..of course, one risk is that you may have someone buy them to turn in for normal BOD rewards and the shard would never get the benefit of your work, so they would have to be priced to avoid that.
Yes that is a risk, a 20 exp iron LBOD is worth 450 to 600 turn in point = a POF so if I sell to cheap, they will turn it in for POF so I'm most minded to sell them for 750 to 1k a banking point, then the POF on vendors will be cheaper.

Razz

I think if its a large BoD then we should submit it or give to someone who you know will. If someone we dont know just wants to add to the tree and doesn't have a way, thats what the free SBoDs are for. There is a chance they wont get something but it's a heck of a lot better chance they will with a SBoD then no BoD at all.

LBoDs are too important to get a full tree. I wouldn't risk selling them at any price.  

Hoffs

Quote from: Razz on December 09, 2016, 06:18:54 PM
I think if its a large BoD then we should submit it or give to someone who you know will. If someone we dont know just wants to add to the tree and doesn't have a way, thats what the free SBoDs are for. There is a chance they wont get something but it's a heck of a lot better chance they will with a SBoD then no BoD at all.

LBoDs are too important to get a full tree. I wouldn't risk selling them at any price.  

Could still sell them, but only in direct trade to someone you know is going to feed it to the elf.

Razz

Quote from: Hoffs on December 09, 2016, 07:40:38 PMCould still sell them, but only in direct trade to someone you know is going to feed it to the elf.

*presses like button*

Razz

So far the Stratics Christmas tree poll is 18 to 6 in favor of the Dec 21st-23rd tree.

Hoffs

Without having any clue as to what the percentage reward payout is on trees that don't reach maximum, it's very difficult to come up with any recommendation as to what we should do on those trees we are not trying to max out.

Freja

My guess are  x% of the chars who turn in will get a reward and each stage will increase the procent.
Charlie brown: 20%
Small green: 40%
Large green:60%
Deco large: 80%
Tree with star: 100%

Becca

Hoffs

Quote from: Freja on December 10, 2016, 04:06:08 PM
My guess are  x% of the chars who turn in will get a reward and each stage will increase the procent.
Charlie brown: 20%
Small green: 40%
Large green:60%
Deco large: 80%
Tree with star: 100%

That could be the case, but it doesn't really make sense given that it costs double the resources to make the next level. You would be better off taking two trees to stage four than using the same resources to take one to five.

CharGar