Matthew

Started by Sara Dale, October 08, 2016, 04:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Dale

Well it finally cam past us.   I'm in Jacksonville, Fl.  News reports kept saying it was barreling up the coast but it was more pokey than barreling. 

Last night we lost power for about 10 hours.  Guess we were one of the luckier ones.   My son is down in Hastings and hes been out since yesterday at 8am.  Since hes in the boonies no telling when it will come back on.  Country means no elec and no water since they have a well, which means a pump to run it. 

My daughter lives just north of me (30 min.  They are near the Trout River and just barely out of area A for flooding so they went to Ga to her in-laws.   Since the in-laws have a dog they left their cat with us.   Shes about 14 years old so is no trouble at all.   

Its sunny with some clouds here today and still a little wind.   We had stronger winds last night than before it came through.   Anyway   I'm still here and didn't get blown away.     ;D

ii & Sabin

Grandma

Glad to hear you're safe Sara! We're experiencing the rain and some gusty winds here. Have had a few bigger tree limbs come barreling down at our house, but nothing major. A few in the area are with out power. We are under a flood warning, but expect that to be dropped soon. Expecting this to clear out later this evening and tomorrow and next week to be nice!

CharGar

Thanks for posting Sara!!

Natalia

I'm very glad you are safe, Sara!

Hoffs

Thanks for checking in. Glad you are okay.

Blind Otto

Glad to hear you're ok. I have friends trying to help out in Haiti, and the little news I've had  from them is beyond heartbreaking.
Stay safe!

Ian James

Glad to hear you're safe. We are now getting the rainy remnants here in New England

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob

Zardoz of Crete aka Kimi aka Victoria Secret