An open letter to GIL and others

Started by Freja, August 26, 2016, 10:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freja

I send first part of this via ICQ to Hoffs, but he have not been on or he ignore me so now I post it here. Please read it. You can lock the post if you do not want someone to reply it. I can only ask all to be polite and nice.

Dear GIL
Sorry for this long text
I know we may never agree what is good for the shard but I also know all this drama is not good for the shard, for GIL or for TDO.
I also know, you may never trust me again.
Remember long ago, I believe I still was red, I asked to join GIL and I was welcome, but I choose not to join.

The reason was the same as why I can't side with GIL now but that is a RP reasons. Out of char, i love your guys. I also know I can be a bitch, when I get pushed to hard and the more I get pushed the more bitchy I get, I'm sorry about that.

I know HI-5 and before that Virem and Hey Arnold was the reason to all the trouble between GIL and TDO but it really did not start there. You can go back to the start of UO, half of my friends had been red or now on the Vice side and the other half had been good.

I never fit on any of the sides and both sides accepted that. I guess it was easier to understand in the past where I was red, but not really a PK, just a RP PK who would never leave my victims before I know they was ok and got everything back.

The good side accepted me because I was nice to my victims and only wanted to share some fun. The red side, I believe it is harder to explain why they respect me and why they always ended up not looting or light looting me after maybe looting me one or two time. I believe they too respected me for my playstyle.

There had been many red guilds over the years but in most cases, they was accepted as a part of the game. There had been bad guilds too, but the shard survived it. I miss what Siege was, it is not guilds like HI-5 I'm looking to get here but I don't have problems with them being here.

That stupid alliance was really to no use for any of us. We did not support them and they did not kill us before the alliance. They do have their own crafter. The reason they asked for it was, it was easier for them, when they could see we was off target. When a red/orange see a blue/orange/red, they often attack first and look at tag after, special if the whole shard are enemies.

When I first joined UDL as slave, the whole shard believed I would changes and start to loot together with them but UDL accepted, I was a lonely wolf, later vampire and they let me keep my rules for looting. If we killed one of my friends, I only had to say no looting and they would not loot when I was a part of the kill and I would not refuse to be a part of the kill.
Most times I just choose to hunt alone as that's more my style.

At my knighting, enemies of UDL showed up to gratulate me. When JD showed, they thought it was an attack but they came in full force but in peace to gratulate me. http://stratics.com/threads/the-old-days-old-names.375510/#post-2748402

I'm still the same Freja, I just happen to like the wild side, even when I'm a 61 years foolish old woman.

I hope you did read it down to here and we somehow can work it out, so it work for both GIL and TDO.

On little thing more, I do not believe anyone want GIL off the shard, noone had told me they wanted that, that be guilds on the vice side or HI-5.
What we want is a more balanced shard with good and evil and lot of fun and more fights.

That do not mean less GIL but more evil, both VvV and RP reds. Even HI-5 do not want your guys of the shard, they want to fight your orange, they want fun but it is their frustration from not finding someone to fight, that make everything go so bad. They may be moving on, but new will show up and the whole thing risk to start over.

Your guys do have the numbers, grap some cheap gear, fight them the best you can. Yes you GIL may die a lot and lose some stuff but if you work together, stock a house with gear and fight, you may have fun and you may see a different side of this kind of guys.

Sorry again writing all this but I do love your guys and want you to be here and enjoy the game.

Years ago, believe year 2000, a guild, MDK from Chesa showed on Siege, the main chars was Batlin and Arioch but they was a few more.
They would place a ghost in our guildhouse (ghosts could entre public houses), ghost us around in the forest until they know we had collected some loot.
They also made us freeze up and lose connection.

I made a post about them as we was their main target. Sorry for my year 2000 english :P
-------------------------------
Two lamers Batlin and Arioch ruin the fun in east woods and make life to hard for the people there.
They have a damn fast con, they kill the same players over and over again, they rez kill they clean loot, they horse kill.
This lamers is very bad for the shard, TDO/TDM had tryed to take care of them, but we all have a ping 200+ and even when on horse, we can't run them up. They are on foot, but faster as us. we had lost a lot of loot and horses the last 3 days. We do not want to help them get started with oure loot, we need help to take care of them.
They went red last night, and now the hell is loose, because, now it's not only the reds and grey they hit, but newbies, merchants, MpV's, PvP's in training, and non of them can handle to get killed and clean looted, 3-5 times a day. This guys are total without honer.
We need to know, where they live, so if anyone know it, pleace tell me. We also need a little help from someone with a fast con. This guys need to be taken care of!

I tryed to talk with them in town, with my blue char, befor they went red, but that was to no help, this guys just want to kill and loot, and they do not want to risk anything. Oure mages have the power to fight them, but not the ping.
Mad Bomber and ENERGISER tryed to, but the 2 lamers just run of, every time, they was loosing.

Here is a little of my Journal from my meeting with them in town 3 days ago, after they first time killed My char Freja, killed my horse, rez killed me, clean looted me. Oure mage got Batlin, but Star was very lagged, he is from HK.

I was not in town to crye, but to try to get contact with them, I had seen their kind befor, that was the kind, who gave us stat loss!

-----------Tinas journal--------------------
You see: Batlin
Batlin: hi
Tina Tink: hi
Tina Tink: why
Batlin: why not.
Tina Tink: did you rez kill me
Batlin: because we can
ribot: finally, a PC.
ribot: wow.
Tina Tink: we are here to have fun
Batlin: i knoiw
Batlin: that was fun for us
Tina Tink: not to ruin others fun
ribot: i've been wandering all day among rat men and lizard idiots...
Tina Tink: not for me
Black Star: [Druid Lord - E, TDO]
You see: Black Star
Batlin: thats not my fault
Batlin: you go find your own fun.
Tina Tink: hey
Tina Tink: can't we speak
Batlin: we are speaking
Tina Tink: hmm
Tina Tink: what are you
Tina Tink: noto
Batlin: I am Batlin.
Tina Tink: lol
Batlin: you havent seen anything yet
Tina Tink: why so rude
Batlin: we are moving here from Chesapeake
Batlin: MDK Guild
Tina Tink: PK's?
Batlin: worse
Tina Tink: ?
Batlin: bank
You see: Astro
Tina Tink: why being like that
Batlin: thats the way we are
Batlin: we are the "Bad" people
Batlin: sorry
Tina Tink: sounds like kids
Batlin: im only a newbie here too
Batlin: we are still training
Batlin: another month
Batlin: we'll be all over
Arioch: bank
Tina Tink: don't think so
You see: Kontour Essence
Batlin: good.
Tina Tink: you don't know Siege
Batlin: hehe
Batlin: you dont know us
Batlin: that was sad
Batlin: you friend
Tina Tink: the funny thing is
Batlin: darkstar
Batlin: died to us
Batlin: that was pathetic
Batlin: he has skills too
Tina Tink: you will see the whole shard go together
Batlin: atleast 3x gm
You see: Kontour Essence
You see: Arioch
You see: Kirby
Batlin: good.
Arioch: cool
Arioch: bring it
Tina Tink: Siege is special
Batlin: you've never been to cheseake
Tina Tink: I won'yt bring it
Tina Tink: I'm not a good PvP
Tina Tink: will never be
Batlin: it dont matter
Batlin: if you are a merchant
Batlin: or not
Batlin: if you go out of town
Batlin: we will fight
Batlin: not yet
Batlin: but soon
Tina Tink: I can't go in here
Batlin: we are almost done training
Tina Tink: with my main
Batlin: i know
Batlin: well be red too soon
Tina Tink: hey
Tina Tink: you will get enoch fights
Tina Tink: believe me
Batlin: hehe
Tina Tink: but
Batlin: but east brit is one of our favories
Batlin: spots
Tina Tink: could I get a kind of deal
Batlin: we just attack anyone we see
Tina Tink: we try to get more players here
Batlin: we'll see how things turn out later
Tina Tink: else we risk to loose this shard
Batlin: you got atleastr a month
Batlin: but your red isnt
Batlin: safe
Batlin: ill fight her now
Tina Tink: dear
Batlin: you got a month
Batlin: till we are going red
Tina Tink: I'm an old lady
Batlin: im old guy.
Tina Tink: hmm
Tina Tink: don't think so
Batlin: it dont matter
Batlin: eh
Batlin: dont need to prove anything.
Tina Tink: I don't ask you too
Tina Tink: don't get me wrong
--------That was 3 days ago-------------

This guys ruin all what guilds, like NEW do to help players get started here, if players get killed to much, special on newbie spots like east brit, they will give up.

We need to stop that, but TDO do not have the ping to do it, and we need to know where they live.

Freja, The Dark Outlaws
--------------end of post-------------

3 weeks later, we still had trouble with them. We had been fighting them in GM armor, never hiding in houses when they showed.

---------------Tina Journal 2 -------------------
Arioch: [oOOo OoO, MDK]
You see: Arioch
Batlin: [oOOo OoO, MDK]
You see: a corpse of Tina Tink
Batlin: alot of tools on her
Batlin: man
Tina Tink: yes
Batlin: freja
Batlin: we have taken
Tina Tink: I'm not fighter
Batlin: like 10K
Batlin: fomr your TDO people
Batlin: just today
Batlin: you can save it all
Tina Tink: and
Batlin: by paying
Batlin: us 7K per week!
Tina Tink: noway
Batlin: how it works is
Batlin: we collect it
Batlin: weekly
Batlin: and we dont come here
Batlin: :)
Tina Tink: just go on
Tina Tink: if you have fun
Arioch: its our Tax on these woods
Batlin: hey
Batlin: dont feel bad
Batlin: this isnt the only place we patrol
Tina Tink: I dont
Tina Tink: :)
Batlin: you do know
Batlin: that we clean loot you
Tina Tink: yes
Batlin: and do you know where all yer stuff goes?
Tina Tink: trash it
Batlin: yup
Batlin: trash can
Tina Tink: I don't care
Batlin: i dont know
Batlin: if i was you
Batlin: i think id pay the 7K
Batlin: it isnt that much
Tina Tink: no'
Batlin: you dont even have to tell
Batlin: yer guild mates
Tina Tink: I like it
Batlin: oh well
Batlin: see ya around eh
Tina Tink: someday
Tina Tink: we can pay back
You see: a corpse of Tina Tink
Tina Tink: bye
------------end----------
Poor Batlin did not get what he wanted from me, he only got smiles and he hated it.

Funny thing is, I do believe I did get his respect as we really did not have trouble with him after that and he did become a little soft, when he told me not to feel bad :)
They did not last a month after they went red.
It is a game, you have to accept the challenges to get some fun from it.
I did have fun and so did my men.

Thanks for listing to me :)
Freja, Vampire, The Dark Outlaws, TDO* & Tina Tink, Crafter

Freja

A little more info about Murder Death Kill [MDK]

In 2005, I was speaking with Wyrm, not WyRm JD and later VmP.

Tina Tink: You are MDK
Tina Tink: but what did happen to Batlin
Tina Tink: the old GM here
Wyrm: Batlin
Wyrm: was never
Wyrm: GM
Wyrm: of
Wyrm: MDK
Wyrm: i had MDK for around 5 years now
Tina Tink: sure he was here 5 years ago
Wyrm: lmao...
Wyrm: arg.
Wyrm: MDK is acually
Wyrm: my
Wyrm: RL Inishals
Tina Tink: Murderer Death Kill
Wyrm: no no
Tina Tink: was here in around 2000
Wyrm: Murder
Tina Tink: only short'
Wyrm: no
Tina Tink: yep
Wyrm: i have alwes been
Wyrm: gm of MDK

He may had been but the GM, but I never saw him on the field.

An other funny thing about Batlin was, one of the holidays, he did not loot us and did not kill our horses.
One of the crafters in MDK told me he got married and that was why he stopped playing.

He had been back since starting a new guild Murder Death Kill !! [MDK!] a year ago.

<9247991>Batlin: hi anyone play here
<5512560>Delores Duende: we sure do
<17696441>ii: nope
<5263969>Baby Doll: lol Hello
<9247991>Batlin:  a lot of people here?
<1464013>Freja:  oh not you
<5512560>Delores Duende: depends on time and day
<9247991>Batlin: ic. so whats fun here?
<5512560>Delores Duende: what ever you make it
<9247991>Batlin: any good being a smith here? how is housing opportunity too
<9247991>Batlin: or better to play a fighter
<5512560>Delores Duende: .we have an auction later today.  3pm est at the Gilfane Armery
<17696441>ii: only one slot - pick wisely
<5512560>Delores Duende: there is a tele tile at Vernia Market in Magincia  next to the flower garden
<9247991>Batlin: well either a tradesman or fighter... or else , how to repair or make stuff?
<1464013>Freja: Can't say I did miss you Batlin, if you the old one
<9247991>Batlin: haha
<1464013>Freja: how had you been?
<5263969>Baby Doll: Well plenty of crafters, so pick what you would play for fun.
<9247991>Batlin: i see ok.
<9247991>Batlin: is there a lot of pvp n red here?
<1464013>Freja:  since when did you start playing a crafter? getting old?
<5512560>Delores Duende: not lately   everyone is being civil to each other right now
<9247991>Batlin: thats great!
<5512560>Delores Duende: cant run as fast as he used to?
<5263969>Baby Doll: one or two running around could use some fresh blood.
<17725861>Garfield: I refuse to be civil to anyone!!!!!!
<9247991>Batlin: ok then :P
<9247991>Batlin: i will come on later again. cu all

But he left again. He sure did not want to speak about old days but I believe it was him :P

Wolfman

One sentence is all the reply you get from me:

"Who sides with cheaters, accepts cheating and is a cheater him-/herself."

See you in the field!

Freja

Morgan said "Who sides with cheaters, accepts cheating and is a cheater him-/herself."

TDO do not cheat, will never do.
I can't stop cheating in other guilds. We are not allied to them. If they want to kill TDO, ok, we fight them, even when I know we will die. If they do not attack us, it's nice.
I do not ban players from my vendors, so all are free to buy my wares.
TDO do not side with anyone, you had never seen us fight side by HI-5 only a single time vs monsters at a champ spawn.

Why would you see us on the field? You do not fight cheaters and call us for cheaters :/

If GIL want to fight us, it's ok with me, nothing had changes and I only need blood, not items, my men may go for gold and gems or resources but not suits.

I'm glad we still have a lot of friends in GIL.

Nonel

Ah you're not so bad, Freja. You and your guild have never shown disrespect toward me for my old-timey thief playstyle, like some of the shard has. In an exhausted game with so few players left we can be quick to embrace almost ANY activity. As much as I disagree with cheating, I am happy that HI-5 visited. To me, I saw a fun new challenge. I love taking my half-trained character with his hodgepodge suit against cheating players with finely-tuned templates. Let's briefly make this situation on Siege analogous to sports. Cheating is bad sportsmanship. Taking your ball and going home before the game is over is also bad sportsmanship; even if the other team is cheating. You, me, and some others chose to keep playing.

But, you must understand something. GIL is a wonderful guild that is willing to take in and help just about anyone (even me!). For the most part, they're all fantastic people. A representative of HI-5 has stated that their goal is to see GIL fall. You joined with them, knowing this was a cause they supported. GIL has every right to be resentful.

Stop making forum threads to explain your standing and just go play. Try to have fun. As long as people keep playing I know I'll be happy, at least. :)

Dr Alzheimer

We have a deal, Freja. Just one remark from me: I am a Christian and as a Christian I have to forgive. I forgive you, Freja. I forgive your mistakes and the bad words and the suspicions and rumors. I forgive you that you broke my trust and that you supported people who wanted to destroy my reputation, my events and my fun. I did read your posts and I dont understand a single word because everything sounds weird and wrong to me and most of us. But I forgive you, even though you honestly think you did not do a mistake by making half of your guild leave and more than half of the shard turn its back on you. Dont let us try to understand you, as most of us can't or won't. You are a universe of your own. But try to understand us. Inside, you are a good person. But you have a strange love for badasses (not RP-badasses, but real ones). You put them over me, but I even forgive you this mistake   ;D
Two beer or not two beer - that is the question! Shakespeare.

Freja

Thanks Nonel for the nice words. I had seen you have fun fighting HI-5 and you did great :)

You say: "But, you must understand something. GIL is a wonderful guild that is willing to take in and help just about anyone (even me!). For the most part, they're all fantastic people. A representative of HI-5 has stated that their goal is to see GIL fall. You joined with them, knowing this was a cause they supported. GIL has every right to be resentful."

Yes in many ways GIL is a fantastic guild and I love them all except a few who try to hold the shard in a ironfist. I can't speak for HI-5. I do believe the way GIL choose to handle it made everything worse. I did hear HI-5 say, they wanted to kill GIL but I believe they was taking about the field, the battle towns not about ruin GIL as guild. I can't know, but I believe if GIL's VvV had been more willing to give them a fight, they had not needed to attack a public event like the Auction.

When Virem first came here, I hated him and he sure did not like me from my posting. Everything changed, when TDO stayed in town when others choose to leave. We tried to fight, we did poorly but tried.

To Doc, I can only say, I do not need your forgiveness, I don't like you, I don't trust you, I don't want to have anything to do with you, I don't even want to use my arrows to kill you, you not worth it. We er done.

To all others, I fear you have to live with me as I am and with my love for the dark side. I love vampire movies and books too, that is fiction too like this game.

Dr Alzheimer

Two beer or not two beer - that is the question! Shakespeare.

Lore Denin

Time will heal these wounds. 

I want to include TDO and will again once I am sure they are no longer affiliated with people who are going to take advantage of others in dishonest ways.

My events are like soccer/football matches.  The teams you tend to bring, keep trying to get extra players on the field, sneak in weapons in pants to hit people when ref not looking and have people go through the bags on sidelines and steal things out of the cars while people are playing.

You and TDO do not do this or agree with this but people get confused when they get taken advantage and you post the same day how that you support them, that they are good for shard and you are forming an alliance with them.

I understand you want to help them and think you are but in the end these things have never worked out for anyone, not TDO, not Hi-5, and not the rest of the shard. 

I know you are stubborn and if someone tells you to do something you will become even more stubborn, so instead of telling you anything I will ask,  "Please lets work together and change how things have been.  Lets make things better for good side, for evil side and for the entire shard."

I ask one month to try things my way (remember when we first met you told me VvV  not for you, and I had to duel and risk being your slave if I lost and you forced to serve Virtue if I won.  Yes I did have to make you participate but now TDO leads VvV).

I can meet with you and TDO this Sunday @ @ 2:00pm EST and see if you are willing to trust me and try things my way for the month of September.  We played UO a long time and one month of trying something is very little.  If at the end of the month, you don't see an increase in activity and fun.  Then you can honestly say you tried it and Lore Denin just fully of silly ideas but if things do improve, and there is an increase of fun and activity, then it will give you and TDO something to look forward to in the days, months and years to come.

Send me a pigeon and we can talk further,

Lore

Freja

Lore Denin you are a wonderful person and I always trusted you :)

I don't want to comment about the HI-5, only that the alliance are gone and they do their stuff and TDO ours.

And yes I'm stubborn and the worse thing people can do is to tell me what to do :P

QuoteI ask one month to try things my way (remember when we first met you told me VvV  not for you, and I had to duel and risk being your slave if I lost and you forced to serve Virtue if I won.  Yes I did have to make you participate but now TDO leads VvV).

I do follow the virtue, think I always did, but I never knew what it was before you learned me about it and yes I like VvV, I hated faction, but VvV works way better for me :P

Zardoz of Crete aka Kimi aka Victoria Secret

:'( The first is when Hi5 killed us all trying take over the event.  The 2nd was posted at Stratics forum from Hi5 when they were attacking all of our members at the painted cave, I copy that picture before its was removed to show the % number above the Hi5 member.

Let me quote Morgan;

Quote"Who sides with cheaters, accepts cheating and is a cheater him-/herself."

As I said in the picture of you and me, you have a very long road before I will trust you, I was dead in that picture unseen by you as I was not sure I could trust you since the Hi5 just rode by you with not a word or SHOT from either side.  So I waited till you and the others left the area before seeking that healer help to the above right. 

As for this;
QuoteA Danish poet and scientist Piet Hein said "Simple is the rule antipathy what you do not understand, you do not like"

I do not dislike you as a person, I am sure you are a good women in the real world, but in game, your so called allies/friends are pulling you under with the cheats, scams, and stealing.  Think of it this way, Vampire Hunter Van Helsing is standing over you with his hammer and stake, Hi5 is holding you down, there is no escape.

Freja

Zardoz I really don't know what you are trying to say. Yes I was at the event, I wanted to take part of the event, but not all HI-5 wanted me there. Steve thought it was my dragon outside, when he asked me where my dragon was. I borrowed it to get rid of a red event mob, I took it to the dragon and hidded and then gave the dragon a hand killing it. I do not know who did own the dragon.

The alliance was gone, I was not with them in any way, you can't blame me for what they did to that event.

Second, it is Siege, so the first part about taking over the events, true is was not nice, but they did not break any game rules. The second part is nothing I can changes, I had tried, I do not cheat, TDO do not cheat and we was not with them. The facts, that they did not attack me and I did not attack them, is not the same as being with them. I was told to run when I got to near the boss.

About trust, I doubt you ever really trusted me. To do that, you need to understand me and accept me as I am. You can't expect me to act like a nice innocent blue girl, because I'm not innocent. I play this game a different way than you. Interacting with our evil players and take chances vs them makes me feel alive and make me excited, like a rush, Doc can tell. I love that rush and the risk for dying and losing it's is worth it.

A Danish poet and scientist Piet Hein said "Simple is the rule antipathy what you do not understand, you do not like"

Edited as Zardoz edited his post :P
QuoteAs I said in the picture of you and me, you have a very long road before I will trust you, I was dead in that picture unseen by you as I was not sure I could trust you since the Hi5 just rode by you with not a word or SHOT from either side.  So I waited till you and the others left the area before seeking that healer help to the above right.
Had I ever attacked you outside a battle town?
Had you ever seen me fight side by them?

QuoteI do not dislike you as a person, I am sure you are a good women in the real world, but in game, your so called allies/friends are pulling you under with the cheats, scams, and stealing.  Think of it this way, Vampire Hunter Van Helsing is standing over you with his hammer and stake, Hi5 is holding you down, there is no escape.

You do not know what you speak about. This are a game, I see someone trying to burn me as a witch on fire. I was looking of the first Banner Lore gave me for Tina helping him with some stuff.

It nicely describe the chaos there is around me at the moment, fire, snakes, tears and sacrifices to try to bring PvP back to the shard, trying to help new life grow.

Kael

@Freja

Didn't you support (or continue to support) Diablo even though he ran scripts, was suspected of using "enhanced" programs that assisted his gameplay and had a history of scamming? You can associate yourself with whomever you chose while gaming. Just don't expect to not be judged or have your reputation tainted by that association. No amount of digging up old screenshots or recorded conversations will ever really change that.

I do dig the screen shots and old lore mind you HAR !

Freja

Diablo, here we goes again. I had known Diablo since he started on the shard, believe he was 7 years. My relationship to him is like a mom with a son who keep doing stupid and very bad thing and choose the wrong friends. There had been years, where I was not able to try to help him make the right choices but he is still my UO son and I want him to grow up and become a son I can be proud of. I believe he will get there.
I never supported his cheating or anything else he did but I could not make him to stop, he need to be the one who choose to stop.

That's all I'm going to say about Diablo now :)

If your guys can't accept who I am, so be it. I am the same Freja, I had been since I started UO 1997, I was excited about the reds in the game, when I first started to play. I did not fear them, as it was a game, not RL, where I only had one life. I wanted to know this guys. One Man O War on Atlantic, not the one we had seen on Siege, was so hard to get contact too, that Ii had to find his ICQ, I found 6, asked them all if they was him. He turned out to be a great guy, who just loved playing evil. I can't help it, but I love that side of the game.

CharGar

Let it go already! Dang Freja!  Why keep this up?  Are you that desperate for friends that you have to beg for them?  This is exactly how you are coming across.  Once and for all just drop it and quit these long bellyaching posts of yours...Its very unbecoming.