FU to the EU

Started by Hoffs, June 24, 2016, 04:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troop

Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

Sarah

I'm with Natalia. It does not bother me a bit. I went to the news to see what was going on. I then got my husband to give me a lesson in geography. He explained about the EU. I listened to the news about why they wanted to leave it. I feel like I had a schooling yesterday. I really should get my head out of UO a little more. NO WAY! I was so lonely playing uo by my self yesterday. I was so happy when Torin, Victim and I went to kill the Queen. Even though we had to be rescued by several others. LOL!  Then the Pits was so fun when everyone came and helped out last night. UO is so fun when the whole team jumps in and plays! I am off topic but I love this alliance and playing with all of you!!!!!

Freja

The choice UK made will effect the rest of EU. I hope it will help EU fix some of the problems. As a Dane, I don't like EU to be like one stat. I wish UK luck as long you still buy our bacon :P
Freja, Vampire, The Dark Outlaws, TDO* & Tina Tink, Crafter

Beli Mawr

I luv bacon... really I do  :D

My hats off to anyone who wants independence

Ian James

This is a very polarizing issue especially for the Brits. I'll be interested to see what happens now for Scotland and Ireland. And yes, I hope it leads to the EU fixing some of the problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob

kelmo

The cascading effects of this referendum will be felt worldwide. The people are speaking... are the government "leaders" listening? I do not believe they are.

Sara Dale

Do they ever listen?   They are supposed to be working for us not themselves.

kelmo

I understand the sentiment of no politics. I do.

I also feel we are in this mess because we do not discuss the issues enough. Just sayin'.

Watchertoo

Honestly I play UO to get away from the world for a few minutes.  If I wanted to see and/or discuss politics I would find a group of friends or log into a political discussion board.  I am, at this moment, logged into a site that is meant for the use of UO players (well that is my understanding) so I would just as soon stay in the MMORPG "world" when cruising this forum.  I will now, however, bow to the fact that it is Hoffs forum to do as he will and read no further.

Lore Denin

US Media has been pretty much against "Brexit" since it started hitting the headlines as an actual possibility but I can honestly say the US would never in a million years (ever, ever, ever) consider joining anything like the EU so I can't imagine a more hypocritical view.

Although I can't help but think this must have William Wallace and the NRA hitting themselves in the heads after all the years of violence.....  all they had to do was come up with a con job like the EU and they'd be able to vote themselves sovereign after a few years....."Freedom!" 

I am not in contact with enough UK people to understand the feelings from within England, Scotland and N. Ireland but as an outsider it almost seems like those issues had become "non issues" and its almost like after all that,  now those countries will leave the UK?  Perhaps the media hype is over-blowing the perceived consequences/reactions but that to me is the most surprising development??

Countries within the EU certainly should be upset as well and so there are always two sides and never any right answers, just answers right for you, your perspective, country etc.   

As with most things political I am sure I touched on things that have offended some if not all in some way but since I have no strong view point on the rightness or wrongness of the situation only that there will be things we can learn moving forward to give countries the autonomy they require while strengthening ties across borders;  politically, economically, culturally, etc. Sometimes a step backward is the only way to move forward.

In the end I simply wish the best for all my friends in the U.K and the EU

-Lore's Player