Steven's forum auction - ends Monday 7th

Started by Hoffs, September 03, 2015, 09:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ii & Sabin

Hera - Siege

Hoffs

Auction has ended. The last two bids were too late unfortunately. Thanks to those that took part.

Winners can contact either Steven or myself to get their stuff.

*edit* By the rules set out in the original post, the 2.2m bid for lot #38 has to be disallowed as it did not match the minimum raise required.

BoBo

if you wanted to get technical on item #38 Iggs bid of 2 mill should be disallowed as it didnt meet the 200k requirement.  so the last good bid on that item was 1.9 mill.  which raises the question is ii bid of 2.2 million an exceptable bid or did he win it at 1.9 mill? 

Hoffs

You have a good point, but it's done now. The losing bidder does not particularly mind. The rule was designed just to stop trivial raises. I would have been quite happy with the extra 200k but the bid was challenged and that was what I initially ruled. At the end of the day this was just done to help a guildmate clear out his stuff when he did not have the time to do it himself and I don't want to spend any more of my own time on it.

IggAPie

mope. bo is right. I did put the bid in of 2 mil which as a mistake. it should have been 2.1 million. I will gladly return the lot for said price. what I wanted to happen in the bidding........happened. I was hoping he would make the mistake. that's why I did not bother to bid higher after the 2.2. I out smarted myself by not putting in the proper bid of 2.1. I will gladly return lot #38 if you guys wish. its nbd

this was no the first time I have snipped bids at an auction. so it should come to no surprise. I lost almost half my bids on lots to snipers as well. as for lot #31....I thought the 10 min rule applied. cant win em all I guess

ii & Sabin

Quote from: IggAPie on September 08, 2015, 04:19:18 PM
mope. bo is right. I did put the bid in of 2 mil which as a mistake. it should have been 2.1 million. I will gladly return the lot for said price. what I wanted to happen in the bidding........happened. I was hoping he would make the mistake. that's why I did not bother to bid higher after the 2.2. I out smarted myself by not putting in the proper bid of 2.1. I will gladly return lot #38 if you guys wish. its nbd

this was no the first time I have snipped bids at an auction. so it should come to no surprise. I lost almost half my bids on lots to snipers as well. as for lot #31....I thought the 10 min rule applied. cant win em all I guess

How about you keep it and give an extra 300 or 400 k to Steven. I have no problems with you winning - remember its a game!

Hoffs

Yes, I think something like ii's suggestion is best. Just drop off an extra 200k to match the final bid and then Steven did not lose out, which is the most important thing.

IggAPie

yeah I can totally do throw in a few extra 100k without a problem. I am glad you are understanding about it ii. it is indeed just a game. tbh the items I was interested in the lot may not be what you expect. not to say that I know I could piece out the others to make my money back but that wasn't really the point. bo was right, it was my mistake on the bid. as i said, I should have bid 2.1 mil instead of 2. I am not above admitting when I am wrong or have made a mistake, so in fairness if you are interested in the lot, I would be willing to work it out with you and still pay steven the difference of the bid. just let me know.

ii & Sabin

No problem igg - I spend most of my time fishing so most weapons etc are not really required for me.
Kick in a little for Steven and I am happy.

Arctic Fox

Hiya  ;D YAY.. I won a lot. I just wanted to say I've sent Hoffs an ICQ to get the directions on payment and pick up.
Thank you all for including me. *excitement* hehe. Have a good evening  ;)

Hoffs

Quote from: IggAPie on September 08, 2015, 09:37:00 PM
yeah I can totally do throw in a few extra 100k without a problem. I am glad you are understanding about it ii. it is indeed just a game. tbh the items I was interested in the lot may not be what you expect. not to say that I know I could piece out the others to make my money back but that wasn't really the point. bo was right, it was my mistake on the bid. as i said, I should have bid 2.1 mil instead of 2. I am not above admitting when I am wrong or have made a mistake, so in fairness if you are interested in the lot, I would be willing to work it out with you and still pay steven the difference of the bid. just let me know.

Thank you for the extra 400k contribution to Steven.