Quarterly Virtue Patrol - Mother's Day Massacre [5/10/15] @ 3:30pm EST

Started by Lore Denin, May 07, 2015, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lore Denin

Event: Virtue Patrol of the Active VvV Cities
Date and Time: THIS SUNDAY, May 10th 3:30pm Est - 5:00pm Est

[OOC Information - This is a VvV Themed PvP Event open to all Vice and Virtue Guilds of Siege (and those who happen to be in the cities at the right/wrong time). The armies of Virtue will patrol the active VvV towns from 3:30-5:00pm Est.]

Mother's Day Massacre

"My father had a clock like that didn't he?  I remember it sitting on his desk. It looks so strange how do you even know what time it is?"

Lore looked up from the device and gestured to Princess Nikki to come closer. "Yes, your father did have a device similar to this one, but its not a clock, its a type of calendar."

Nikki archer her eye brow, "How's it work?"

"You see the outer circle,  it moves at a slower rate the the inner.  The movement rate is at a ratio of about twelve to one.  The outer circle represents time in the world of your father and the inner circle keeps track of time in Sosaria."

Nikki took a closer look inspecting the device with a fresh perspective.  "So here you have marked on the inner circle, Virtue Patrol which takes place next month in our lands in about... 48 days and if I move my finger across it takes place in just 4 days in my father's homeland."

"Yes, and that is actually how we can track your real age.  You see being of earthen blood, you age at the same rate as your homeland."

Nikki nodded but remained focus on the device taking note of the script written in small runic letters next to the earthen day, "What is this? A festival of sorts in my father's lands?"

Lore nodded sadly, looking at the discs of the Sosarian date on which Dupre asked support and the corresponding earth date. "It's a holiday, called Mother's Day."

****

Nikki had retired to her chambers long ago, but Lore continued to dwell on the irony of timing of the patrol. Mother's day should be a time when his Knights celebrated the bond with their families and honored their mothers.  Instead he was separating children from mother for a dangerous mission against the agents of Vice.  He contemplated how best to keep his knights safe but couldn't help but wondered how many mothers he would have to inform, on this Earth's Mother's Day, that they would never see their children again.