Producer's Letter - Changes

Started by Ian James, February 05, 2014, 07:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian James

Hey guys, I didn't see this posted here, so I thought I would. Found it in my twitter feed today:

http://www.uo.com/article/Producer-Letter-0

EA has outsourced UO to a company called Broadsword.
Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob

Adrianas

That is most interesting, but not a complete surprise.  I have many other thoughts about it that wouldn't translate well into text here.  But I suspect it's actually quite a good thing.

Never on the field of Sosarian combat was so much dished out to so many by so few-Void Pool 7/19/14

Tjalle

Ian James

Well it can't get much worse.  Seems like they are looking towards making actual improvements
Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob

Frost

And Broadsword is UK based, which is probably a good thing....

a ghoul

Very interesting, hope you they keep the siege server in VA. I love my 30 and below ping ;)

Tazar

Quote from: Frost on February 05, 2014, 09:20:19 PM

You are thinking of Broadsword Interactive.  This is Broadsword Online.  It seems to have been just created by Rob Denton of old Mythic Fame and only holds UO and DAOC.

Wolfman

Quote from: a ghoul on February 05, 2014, 09:38:00 PM
Very interesting, hope you they keep the siege server in VA. I love my 30 and below ping ;)
And still you cannot kill a damn thing,....? ;)

a ghoul

Quote from: Wolfman on February 05, 2014, 11:20:23 PM
Quote from: a ghoul on February 05, 2014, 09:38:00 PM
And still you cannot kill a damn thing,....? ;)

*grumbles as he kicks an innocent mongbat* Hehe I never implied that ping helps me kill anyone...but I sure do get around quickly. My day will come all the evil doers of Sosaria shall fear my name! Okay maybe now I am dreaming  ;D

Grenuille

I wholeheartedly agree, Frost.

Tazar

Quote from: Grenuille on February 06, 2014, 08:12:30 PM

I wholeheartedly agree, Frost.

It is not Broadsword Interactive... it is Broadsword Online.  Newly created in Virginia, USA.  Whether that is good or not we shall see.  :)

Troop

Well hopefully they are liking my spiffy purple shoes.  ;D
Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

Frost

Quote from: Troop on February 07, 2014, 10:37:34 PM
Well hopefully they are liking my spiffy purple shoes.  ;D

Dangit Troop, and I'm sayin' this with  :) a grin - (don't forget that christmas love I gave your luna home deco on stratics), but - I just gotta ask: sup with those purple shoes bro  ::) ?  

There's gotta be a story there... so out with it!  I mean Tazar's, a ghoul's, Wolfman's and my avatars are pretty self-explanatory... (mine represents absentmindedness and inattention to detail for example)... But purple tennis shoes?  **Wishes Hoffs were here for this conversation**  I think I'll start a new thread:   Tell us your secrets, share your stories - it would be interesting to see who takes the bait.... hehehehe

Volundr