Thoughts

Started by Wolfman, September 01, 2013, 11:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfman

"Isn't it funny how things develop?" The Duke turned around and saw his new friend Pirate Roberts (he always had to chuckle at the name) in his full armor. The Duke was just about to loot the armor of Xaphan, who had tried to kill the guildmates in Covetous 3, when his hands drew back: "No, she was honorable enough not to loot you so I guess I will leave her equipment in place, should her ghost be able to return to the body!"
The most recent kill was not the reason for the smile on Duke Ironfist's face, it was the expression muttered by Roberts. "Funny developments indeed!"
It had been 5 years now that the Duke called this so strange and different shard Siege Perilious home.
When he arrived sampires were frowned upon "too expensive equipment necessary"...."not PvP viable"...comments that made the Duke smile when he remembered how many Dreadhorns, Travesties and Paroxymouses he had slain solo in the first year of his arival...and the doubts of fellow guildmates that one is actually able to pull of such a feat....and being a prime traget for the PK guilds....TnT was big back then....once Morgan escaped through Dreadhorn Island when they had him trapped with the whole TnT guild...and that other time when Duke Calibretto and the Nemesis forces responded to his cry for help and the Nemesis warriors fought for him to escape.
That was the day the Duke started to look for a way to become a warrior skilled to fight others, not only monsters. It took some years for the transformation, but bit by bit the fencing weapons were dropped and replaced by the bow....the way of the honorable warriors were replaced by stealth and training in the assassin ways....the understanding of the necromantic arts were traded for this new force the gargoyles had brought along with the appearance of Ter Mur....and so the honorable knight became the vengeance from the shadows....
Duke Calibretto resigned and Duke Brutus became the leader (after a very short intermezo from Duke Martin)under whom Morgan Ironfist learnt the necessity for the Nemesis force....but then one warrior of Nemesis vanished after the other and even the oponents became rare.....Duke Brutus also was lost.....and one truely had to wonder if House Nemesis was necessary with so little PKs left on the shard.
At a time like this Ironfist became the newest Duke.
A process of rebuilding began: Recruiting, training and ocasionally trying to defend the white alliance forces at IDOCs.
But with some successful battles, thanks to the few battle veterans that were left and the Duke's ability to minimize risk and maximize damage output, the flame of the Gilfane defending force was rekindled....."Our numbers are strong amongst the houses of Gilfane" the Duke thought....and then 3 months ago, there were elections for a first time....and the Duke won the election in New Magincia in a landslide victory "Governor of New Magincia" the Duke smirked....."I have never seen me as a politician!"......
"Funny how things sometimes develop!"

Mansbeth

Wow...that would be nice on Statics too!

Wolfman

Posted it there too since I guess it will help my voters understand who I am ;)

Guess I am a politician afterall....

Hoffs

Natalia

Great post!  You won my vote.  Oh, you had it already.  *grins*

Frost

Quote from: Natalia on September 02, 2013, 10:08:18 PM
Great post!  You won my vote.  Oh, you had it already.  *grins*

And mine...

Together, we shall endeavor to persevere....