Introduction to myself

Started by Thring, June 22, 2013, 10:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thring

Hey everyone,

New into the guild! Thought I'd just give a quick insight into myself, before hopefully getting to know you all a lot more in the near future.

I'm a returning veteran to the game, I played since release but have been out of the game for just over 10 years now (ish). I've got quite experience with a few different templates but still trying to figure out what I like the most lol.

Outside of Ultima Online I'm a 22 year old male who lives in the United Kingdom. My favourite hobby is to Scuba Dive and I love to train in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) although I'm still only a beginner.

Look forward to meeting you all,
Take care,

Thring.

Natalia

Its great to have you, Thring.  Welcome to Siege, and welcome to GIL!

Sir Morder

Great to have you. Above all else just have fun. Oh and since no one else mentioned it, the first Sunday of the month all new members get kille, I mean, get initiated. Haha see you soon!!

ii & Sabin

Stormcrow

Mansbeth

Silencer

Hoffs

Welcome to Siege, Thring. I hear that all the best UO players come from the UK.

Wolfman

Quote from: Hoffs on June 23, 2013, 05:51:23 AM
*looks at the placement from yesterdays event*
3rd best seems more appropriate! :D

Hoffs

Quote from: Wolfman on June 23, 2013, 07:06:18 AM

Oh yeah? Let's see...

1st place team - British team member.
2nd place team - Had to draft in a Brit to help them.
3rd place team - British team member.

I rest my case.

Doive

Can't disagree with Hoffs on that point hehe

Ian James

Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob

Wolfman

Quote from: Hoffs on June 23, 2013, 08:17:28 AM

Oh yeah? Let's see...

I rest my case.

Yeah: First place British team member left after half the time, after all easy things were collected and the tough battles were left to the other two members,
Second place should have been disqualified anyways because of outside help...
...and as I said 3rd place is where you belong!

q.e.d.

Graphnar

Morgan, are you still whining about the two items we got from outsiders?  I can get you a little cheese to go with your whine.  LOL

That being said, I served more an as organizer for our team, since I've only been on the server two months.  Plus, I was distracted by the fact that the scavenger hunt was on the exact same day as the beginning of our move, so which do you think took priority? 

I think that us coming in second place was quite an accomplishment.  We actually went out and killed unicorns, kirins, pixies, fire rabbits, etc to get our items. 

That being said, our team had no hard feelings, despite the Brits only winning by 2 or 3 items.  :D

Was a great event.  Hope to participate in more.

a ghoul

Quote from: Wolfman on June 23, 2013, 12:21:21 PM
Quote from: Hoffs on June 23, 2013, 08:17:28 AM

Oh yeah? Let's see...

I rest my case.

Yeah: First place British team member left after half the time, after all easy things were collected and the tough battles were left to the other two members,
Second place should have been disqualified anyways because of outside help...
...and as I said 3rd place is where you belong!

q.e.d.

I think this was a great event and I am glad that our new EM took the time to put this together. Congrats to the members of team 1 for taking first place. But for the record I want to share a few things that contribute to how the rankings turned out as they did. First off, Hoffs willingly left his spot on a different team so that I would not be in it solo. That is comradery and I think that is one of the greatest things that GIL and the alliance have on this shard. Second, we did end up getting a third member who contributed one item to the pool. Which was fine that player was new to our shard, but he still had a chance to associate with other players and feel welcomed (another win in my book). Heck he could even be in our guild one day because of that event and him interacting with the guild, who knows. So with all that being said great job to everyone, GIL had a very strong presence at the event. I look forward to the next one.  ;D

Othello