greetings from kenosha

Started by UncleSham, December 18, 2012, 07:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleSham

well, i got to my brothers / moms . i packed my desktop for the trip figuring one of them would have internet . moms is shut down for her move (im here to help her move across town) and my brother uses wifi (which my desktop doesnt have) so.... i've been gone . i miss everyone already.

good news is i inherited my moms old laptop . its a compaq something (?) all it says is compaq ... and its ancient . we figure its 11 years old . its got windows xp , a 750 meg processor and 32 meg video. its a credit to the compaq name that this thing is even still alive . once i wiped the virus off it and loaded my usual security , i went about loading all the programs i need to get here and on uo.

its got 500 ram so its functional . i even got it to play some you tube video once i got it a new version of flash , its screams for mercy but it plays . =)

i dont have any of my game macros set and its so slow i dont think ill get to play really , but i can at least get on here and say hi to everyone *waves*

hope everyone is having a nice holiday season . see you folks when i can .

=^_^=

Hoffs

Thanks for the update and good luck with the laptop, Borg. Hope you have a good Xmas if we don't get to see you in game.

Tjalle

ii & Sabin

Kael

UncleSham

Quote from: ii on December 18, 2012, 02:19:29 PM
Did you Assimulate it?

from this point on it shall service us.

it seems to be funtioning fine , other than taking longer than me to wake up ...
moms old McAfee missed something that corrupted her flash player, but ive installed AVG which purged that and i also put ZoneAlarm firewall on it so i think its ok now . the newest flash i installed last night seems to be working well .i hope i dont have to wipe it . i have no idea what i did with my windows xp disk . i doubt this would run anything newer.

given its hardware i think its doing as well as can be expected.

im off for another day of moving boxes. ill check back later.

Lathari

Hey wassup Rich.  I am back again.  let me know when you get back, I got the rustic pack for us to use.  Sorrry for being gone so long.  Hope to see you soon

UncleSham

glad you're back , i'll get in touch with you for sure after christmass . i got some neat stuff for your house . i think you'll be pleased.

Lathari