Those w/EA or Mythic experience

Started by Eqwene, December 10, 2012, 11:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eqwene

Trying to figure out how to change the e-mail account on a UO linked account.  Can't even find a phone # now on any of their pages...

Podolak

Changing the e-mail address is simple.  Log into your EA account, goto "Contact Information" on the top and you can change your e-mail address here.  Changing the e-mail address is easy, splitting up linked accounts is not so easy.

Eqwene

I have two accounts that are linked to the same e-mail address.  It is not something I made it a priority to do, or even wanted to do, it was something we had to do.  Now that I have clarified my initial question, is there someone who has any helpful or constructive information?  And FYI if it had 'been easy' there would not have been a query made.  Seems I made it clear it was a 'linked account'.

Podolak

Let me start by apologizing.  My statement was not meant to be negative.  The new account management system is so convoluted I was just trying to be re-assuring that changing your e-mail address wouldn't be too difficult.  I didn't realize you were actually looking to split up the accounts, that when you said you wanted to change the e-mail account you meant change one of your linked accounts to a different e-mail address.  You did make it clear it was a linked account, my confusion was in that you really did want to split up the accounts.  I am truly sorry to have offended you that was not my intention.

I have had success in splitting up linked accounts though as I said it can be difficult.  If you would like my assistance please feel free to ICQ me at 795598.  I am not going to ask you for any information like your account name, e-mail address, etc.  I just find it easier to be interactive when walking through this process rather than making a post and checking back for questions.

Again, I apologize for any offense from my previous post.

Vortex

My last experience with them is that you need to log into your EA account and go to support. There is then a box that says Contact Us. It will have you list a game and support question and then it will ask you if you want them to call you or email you. If you give them a number to call you, they usually call within 10 minutes.

Vortex

Vortex

Eqwene

Quote from: Podolak on December 11, 2012, 08:07:24 PM
Let me start by apologizing.  My statement was not meant to be negative.  The new account management system is so convoluted I was just trying to be re-assuring that changing your e-mail address wouldn't be too difficult.  I didn't realize you were actually looking to split up the accounts, that when you said you wanted to change the e-mail account you meant change one of your linked accounts to a different e-mail address.  You did make it clear it was a linked account, my confusion was in that you really did want to split up the accounts.  I am truly sorry to have offended you that was not my intention.
  Not trying to split up accounts.  Just trying to change the e-mail address.  If you are a suject matter expert then reply.   Otherwise just STFU.  It is no wonder people have a problem with GIL

Doive

Not sure what your problem is Ewgene but I don't see where Podolak has been rude. Mistakes happen on the internet and people sometime's read things wrong, but Podolak has been very polite about it.

And before you start going on with that 'no wonder people have a problem with GIL' crap, Podolak isn't even in Gilfane.

Podolak

Doive is correct, I am not a member of GIL just trying to help you.

OK so I suppose I am still confused as to what exactly you want.  I thought you wanted to have different e-mail addresses on each account.  By your most recent statement of not trying to split up accounts but just change the e-mail address then I would follow these instructions.  Log in to your EA Account and you will see a screen as shown:

Click on "Contact Information" as circled.

Once in Contact Information you can enter a new e-mail address where it specifies and click save.

That is all that needs to be done to change your e-mail address.  Once accounts are linked there is no e-mail address associated with the UO account, the UO accounts are associated with an EA account which has the e-mail address.  If you want one UO account to be associated with one e-mail address and another UO account to be associated with a different e-mail address you need to un-link one of the accounts and then create a new EA account with another e-mail address to link it to.  The unlinking of accounts is the difficult part but I will try to explain it.  I have done lots of unlinking and relinking but you get different levels of success depending on the representative handling your case.

You start the process by e-mailing support@ultimaonline.com.  You need to provide the following information.

Name of the account:
Secret Word:
First and Last name on account:
Email on account:
Date of birth on account:
Any character names found on the account:
Phone number on the account:
Date when account was opened and closed:
Country of residency:
Last four digits of credit card on account:

It is really important you have all of the above information correct.  The most important being the secret word and the last for of the CC.  If you pay with gametime codes you can provide the gametime code instead.  I send this e-mail from the e-mail address on the EA Account to further prove the request is legitimate.

Another tip to make note of is once the account is un-linked and you try to link it to a new EA account you have to use the password on the UO account you had when you linked it the first time.  So if your password was 1234 when you were first forced to create an EA Account and you since changed the password on the UO account to like 4321 when you re-link you will need that original password 1234.

I hope this info helps and is in line with what you were looking for.

Ian James

Thanks for that info Podolak. I'm hoping it helps someone if not the person you were replying too.

Eqwene, get some help.
Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob