Beware of a new scammer on Siege.

Started by Tjalle, September 19, 2011, 02:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjalle

Ok, this is what is supposed to have happened.

Last night a char named Starr was announcing in General chat that he was selling a black horse (a regular horse that anyone can ride that is black) here on Siege for gold on other shards. He was asking for 60M prodo.

Another char named df accepted the deal. He gave him a PvP suit on Chessy worth 60-70M. Starr didn´t show up on Siege after that to give df the horse. I asked df if Starr showed him the horse before the deal and he said yes.

So if someone wants to sell you a black horse here (or any high end item) for gold/items on other shards, make sure that they give you the stuff here first or use a broker that both can agree upon. If the seller doesn´t agree to either of those options, walk away.

NJ_Bain

Yeah....a few of us were on when that happened and agree with you 100%.  Thats just really sh*tty of someone to pull that bs.

Tjalle

Just listended in chat and turns out that df is Diablo.

Not sure if that changes any of the info I posted above but it sure adds to the "Be aware" part of it.

Razz

So df ( Diablo) got scammed?!?! Irony anyone?

Wolfman

well if df is Diablo, the whole thing might be a setup to get pitty, so someone starts trading with him again!

Tjalle

Starr just logged on and I asked him in General chat about what happened last night with the horse trade.

He goes into total denial. "What horse?". "I have a tan horse, I don´t know what a black horse is, never seen one". "You guys got the wrong person".

Edit: Now, had he only been denying the scamming part, that would´ve been one thing and maybe even true considering who the other party was. But since he denied the whole thing all together...

That´s just fishy to me.

NJ_Bain

I thought for sure with veteran UO players, the scammers would have lost interest in pulling stunts like this.  It doesn't prove anything other than being a d*ck.  Oh well.  Wishful thinking on my part. :-\

Margrette

I looked up Starr on the UO Japan site (they still have a very rudimentary character search function) and found there are two characters named Starr on Siege.  One's a red (in SL if I remember right) and the other one, I can't tell much from the skills that are listed.

The character search feature on the UO Japan site is here:

https://ultimaonline.jp/myuo/char_search.phtml

The first drop down list is for the Shard (the shard names, thankfully, are in English), the middle field is for the character name, and the last field is for how many letters the search should pay attention to.  (I always just leave it at the default.)

You'll get to see a paperdoll copy and get the name of the guild and any faction the character is in and a display of three skills.  However, the skill information always seems out of whack to me when I look up my own characters.  Also, the link for the character's guild just leads back to the page on the uo.com site that says MyUO is out of service.

Tjalle

Well, after a while Diablo came on and asked Starr about the horse and Starr no longer seemed to deny it. He said he had returned back to Siege after the trade on Chessy and waited in Luna for 20 mins for df. But then IMO he would´ve heard df talking about how he got scammed by Starr. And yet Starr never responded to that.

However, Starr used Diablo´s RL name yesterday and they seemed kinda friendly so don´t know how much of a "scam" there really was. All I know is that we now have some shady people on Siege to look out for...

Dark Drow

hmm so Diablo is back on siege. did they kick him off the other shar?