Away for most (all?) of the week

Started by Blind Otto, July 10, 2011, 06:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blind Otto

I fear this infernal thing called the "real world" is placing massive demands on my time this week, with things like over-due assignments, people wanting their computers fixed (cretins!!!) and one particularly gruesome customer who has NO idea how the 6-week old yoghurt got into his laptop's keyboard. Aye. Right. Sure he doesn't. He doesn't understand how there came to be sticky fingerprints gumming up his touch-sensitive screen, either, or why there are chocolate smears all over it. Or why his DVD drive won't open any more. (Take a wild guess. Go on. I dare you.)
This is why I should NEVER tell people I have technical knowledge.

So, while I may be in desperate need of something to hit, that will have to wait for a week.
Good fortune with thy hunts, and I should be back by next week Tuesday... possibly in need of tetanus or rabies shots.

Hoffs

*sighs* Used to be so different for knights back in the day: killing dragons, rescuing maidens, jousting, fighting evil-doers. Now it's all motherboards, RAM, mice and what have you.

Marvin

Quote from: Blind Otto on July 10, 2011, 06:51:38 PM
...Or why his DVD drive won't open any more...
This describes my problem very well - unit won't even open when i use a needle on that eye slot at front side.

P.S. Yes, there are 2 persons aged 5 and 2 around the device sometimes  ;)

Reuggan

Hmm, I'll have to look into getting a DVD drive for my computer. All mine came with was a coffee mug holder...

ii & Sabin