PvM Template for Dex

Started by N49ATV, December 19, 2010, 08:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N49ATV

Wondering what a good template for dexxer is.

Looking for a peerless etc killer.

Was thinking sampire, or something. Then people say the stone form myst. Just curious. Not sure on all the numbers and gear needed. havent played a dexxer since about 2001
It may be short, but it sure is skinny

Vortex

Mystical Dexxer is not all that great. You can stand toe-to-toe using the mystic spells and such, but its mana intensive and is not good for Siege since it is very equipment dependent.

The most powerful pvm template I have found is a throwing wammy. I can solo Stygian dragon on that template and most any creature, most of the time it does better than a tamer with a GD. Decent for spawns.

The Sampire is the best all around - spawns, solo most big stuff, etc. It's probably the best for Siege since your requirements are very low and you dont have to carry much.

Tjalle

My dexxer is a sampire atm.

Kinda fun...

N49ATV

So what gear, skill levels, and stats?

N49ATV

Also throwing whammy, how would that work. I thought perfection didnt work with ranged attacks. Or does Throwing not count like archery?

Vortex

Quote from: N49ATV on December 21, 2010, 01:02:08 AM
Also throwing whammy, how would that work. I thought perfection didnt work with ranged attacks. Or does Throwing not count like archery?

Perfection works fine with throwing. You max the DI and SSI, use Enemy of One, and Honor the enemy. Use a slayer throwing weapon against whatever you are killing. Use a soul glaive and spam AI from wraith form. I can usually do non stop AI swings that do 200-250 damage per hit. I kill Greater Dragons in about 4-5 swings with a reptile soul glaive and enemy of one. Half the time you dont even need to honor them.

N49ATV

Ill have to give that a go. I thought there was something about whammy sampire that didnt work with archery, and I assumed throwing was the same.

Vortex

Sampires dont work well for archery, wammys do. Remember that sampires are dependent on leeching life, wammys are dependent on leeching mana. Archery is a bit slow to be your only source of healing, thus Sampire archers are tough to use.

Throwing is faster than archery and one-handed.

N49ATV

So whats the template?

Tough to say. To try sami you need 100 Necro ish, but with Whammy, you need 120 SS (or so)

Tough to fit it all in. Do you use items to boost the skills? IE Midnight Bracers etc?

Or for whammy, I guess your trying to stay away and just get mana for specials, but how well does that work in wraith form, as your not mounted?

N49ATV

Pretty much looking for a diff template to play for spawn/peerless/named creatures

Vortex

Quote from: N49ATV on December 22, 2010, 01:07:55 AM
So whats the template?

Tough to say. To try sami you need 100 Necro ish, but with Whammy, you need 120 SS (or so)

Tough to fit it all in. Do you use items to boost the skills? IE Midnight Bracers etc?

Or for whammy, I guess your trying to stay away and just get mana for specials, but how well does that work in wraith form, as your not mounted?

Yes, your fine in wraith form against anything except paragons.
I'll send you a PM with the template info.