Quick Intro

Started by Adrianas, August 02, 2010, 09:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrianas

Greetings to the list!  This will be brief, as things here at the dayjob are getting a bit busier.....  The short version:

I had played on Siege briefly years ago - with 3 accounts.  At that time, I was in NEW.  Then I went back to playing on Nappa, then had to kill one of the accounts for financial reasons.  Unfortunately, it was the account whose character was a crafter and who owned a house!  But now I'm back, not in NEW anymore, and I am back to stay.  I have turned my former paladin, Camriel, into my new crafter.  My Adrianas character will be an Elven Stealth Archer when she grows up, but I have not really started working with her yet.

Thanks to having had the accounts years ago and buying some gold, if I recall (and now you apparently cannot buy gold for Siege), I am sitting pretty well right now.  I have built a keep named Midkeep which is on the road not too far east of Skara.  I have a vendor, Sylvia, on the roof who is selling just a few basic things right now.  I will be quietly working my skills up on both characters.  I used to run with the Marrach Faol guild on Nappa (said guild has unfortunately now declined), and it was a guild much like Gilfane.  So I was thrilled when I saw that Siege had a guild with similar ideals.  The motto which is in the profile of both my characters reads: Honor above All, Courtesy to All.

Looking forward to meeting new friends! - Adrianas, aka Camriel, real life name: Darlene (rl info can be found at www.bolesny.com)

Never on the field of Sosarian combat was so much dished out to so many by so few-Void Pool 7/19/14

Bruin

Welcome to the alliance!  Seems like you'll fit right in.

Rothen

Aye, welcome to our alliance.  You'll find some really fun people here from all over the place.  Usually there is someone on at all hours of the day willing to help or answer questions.  Look forward to meeting you in a hunt soon.

Sara Dale

It was great talking to you this evening.   Get the mining up while the beetle bonds and wear the hat so Nightstalker wont bother you.  He seems not to care for Gil very much.  I know he is really really after me.  He keeps missing.    Ian or I will be happy to put you in Gilfane.  Let us know when you are ready.   

Tjalle

Welcome to the forums, Adriana.

About the gold. You can still buy gold from other players, you just canĀ“t advertise it on Stratics. But why buy gold when you can work for it yourself?

And yes, Nightstalker is in war with Gilfane...  ;)

Adrianas

I do feel as though I need to make a minor correction - it was not Nightstalker, but Nightreaper who I encountered in the cave.  Of course, I know it is likely the same player.

It is very refreshing to see a live, active community again in UO!  I know that from most Sieger's perspectives, you have lost many players through the years.  That is likely true, but there are many reasons for declines - whether it is financial, real-life changes or some real or imagined slight by others in the game.

I hope that I am part of a wave of new and returning players.  I do know, as Shalimar surely knows, that there seems to be a number of people who are just starting/re-starting right now.  It might be a fabulous time for recruiting.

- Adrianas

Never on the field of Sosarian combat was so much dished out to so many by so few-Void Pool 7/19/14

Five Moons

I'm looking forward to meeting any/all of your personalities in game  ;)

Mhtic

Welcome back Camriel! First time on Siege, never joined NEW either.. my house and vendors are located west makoto-jima, now counts 18 vendors, if u need something, ask bud. Lowest Translocation powder ive found on server, 5 for 2000 !! Restocked often!