stratics siege problem

Started by Sara Dale, May 27, 2010, 07:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Dale

While going to siege I encountered a trojan horse threat and avast blocked it.  Now I cant even get to siege or catskills.   IF anyone sees Luka or Lorddog could you please let them know they bid the same on the icy patches?  I need to run for a bit.  Thanks

Tjalle

Shalimar

I just had the same problem Sara, McAfee blocked it.

This was the message:
Reported Attack Site!
This web site at vboards.stratics.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.
Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

This was what diagnostics said:
What is the current listing status for vboards.stratics.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 86 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-05-27, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-05-27.

Malicious software includes 2 scripting exploit(s), 2 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 7 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including 65.111.174.0/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS7859 (PAIR).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, vboards.stratics.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Anyone else having issues with it?   I get the same warning if I click that link Tjalle.

Bruin

I get the exact same issue Shalimar does.  Oddly enough though I can access the thread Tjalle listed.

UncleSham

im getting the same thing . getting it on tjalle's link too. firefox wont let the page load . when i hit "more information" it tells me google blocked the page . (and the same info shalimar listed)

internet explorer let me load the page but then my AVG antivirus popped up a window that said "threat was blocked"
file name 65.111.174.78/files/articles/news/a/ifox3.js
threat name exploit IE 6&7 0-day exploit (type 332)

both of these hit when i clicked on bookmarks for uostratics siege forum

IE let me in on t's link altho it took a moment to load

Stardust

First post here - a quick "Hello" to all of you!

I was talking to Petra Fyde about the problem, she told me that they know about it and it's being worked on. They've been hacked. ...Regarding my question if that security warning is false and could be ignored she replied "not at the moment. We think there's no actual virus, but better safe than sorry."

That seems to be the current status, hope it helps.
Stardust [TDO]

Tjalle

Welcome to the boards Stardust!  :)

Stardust

Eowyn

Yes. And Welcome to Gilfane!
Stardust was my bard who I gave away to  TexasxBlack.

Kael

Stardust

Quote from: Eowyn on May 28, 2010, 03:34:42 AM
Yes. And Welcome to Gilfane!
Stardust was my bard who I gave away to  TexasxBlack.

well, I'm another one with [TDO] tag  ;)

Sara Dale

I havent seen Texas in ages now.   Guess hes rounding up cows there in Texas.

Branwyn of Errol

Well Stardust, welcome to the forum and please join us anytime for hunting; the more the merrier. Freija your GM was a friend of ours since we landed here on Siege and had a couple of towers in Safe Haven during our NEW days.

Ian James

Stratics is currently being hacked. I would suggest running Firefox with Noscript add-on.

It's being worked on...
Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob