Siege meeting with Mesanna and UO Producer, tomorrow at 9pm EST

Started by Bruin, May 26, 2010, 04:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruin

FYI, there's a meeting with Mesanna and the UO Producer tomorrow (Wednesday) at 9pm EST.  I wonder what's up.

Eowyn

Tjalle

Kael

Marvin

I'll be sleeping ...what would i say else?

Remove faction* armors and gear...keep fighting "cheap, affordable and even". Whats the deal of giving the best gear to the best pvp competitors? . When i started on siege i was delighted that ppl used to fight in GM armor. Skills like tailoring on their template didn't prevent them to pvp. I liked it - contrary to prodo shards where ppl on pvp mode used to to wear uber-gear - all insured - sure i could buy items like a crimson cincture for 20 mil - yet i never had the intention to quit RL just to stay all night long with uo in order to earn such pieces.  I don't know how much efforts it would take to earn top faction gear on siege today (i guess alot) - yet i still remember the complaints of Righty when he lost his in a second or two at tokuna spawn...maybe many have felt so in past and quitted the game therefore.

*in my opinion faction gear killed pvp on siege - there has been no better invention since to prevent ppl from pvp. I remember at week 1 or 2 after their introduction when all pvp came to a halt, so ppl like bruin decided to start up with non faction guild wars...because factioneers used to stay at their home and get out only in big numbers...

Therefore i would suggest not to focus on skill improvement but on pvp gear changes solely because without all of those pvpers and pks who left siege the game has become as boring as a prodo shard... even for pvm folks like me.

Marvin

NEW IDEA to bring back life to siege:
LET SIEGE BECOME KINDA FREESHARD IN UOUNIVERSE  :-*.
Though there should be some restrictions to free (unpaid) accounts like "no housing", "no powerscrolls", "no factions", "no latest expansions" free accounts shouldnt longer be terminated after 15d.... this indeed would greatly enhance the population of our shard.

Rothen

Did anyone attend, and if so, was anything interesting put forth?