Free Shards

Started by Kael, April 20, 2010, 01:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kael

Anyone play any of these??

I decided to check out hybrid and Second Age last couple of days for a change of pace. Anyone have any suggestions??

Vortex

I'm on Second Age..

http://uosecondage.com

I've played many and I like this one best.

I'm still on Siege too of course, but all my pvp is on the freeshard.

Sir Morder

Please explain freeshard. I've only played siege so i have no idea what you're talkin about.

Kael

You don't pay to play

I'm liking 2nd age so far Vortex....been working a few skills but so far looks like some fun may be had there. A ton of pk's from what I can see

UncleSham

i played hybred for a while . i built up some descent characters a few houses . but i kept getting the feeling that it "didnt count". so i let it all fall and went back to siege full time.

not sure really why i got that feeling . maybe it was too easy to build characters . maybe it was all the scammers... maybe it was the fact that the guy running it might at any time just say ok. im done . see ya.

i dunno . just didnt feel real.

Kael

Yah I can see that man...I guess for me is i'm looking more for a classic shard rather than the item dependant templates that Siege has become.

UncleSham

hybred was pretymuch "classic" .

vanquishing silver invulnerable etc.

but still you know your enemy has an eminently accurate vanq ... you better have one too.

same song . different scale.

im not sure anyone can bring back the true classic feel . i think that may have been more the fun of learning . once you know , you cant really go back.

the idea was sound . i gave it a few months ... just didnt feel right .

couldnt hurt to try tho . you can afk macro a 7x guy in about a week (they dont mind)
*shrugs*

i tried . not going back

edit = to be honest i actually did enjoy the old ruleset . you still want to have the best of what was available ... thing is modern uo has added and outdone everything to such an extreme, it was nice not to be so complicated . ill give it that. ... as i said the concept was sound . maybe it was just too easy .
if the idea of having a 7x guy in a week sounds cheap , it felt just as cheap playin it.

Vortex

Second age attempts to duplicate UO from around November 99 using old patch notes. Skill gain is slow and there are no freebies.