What were you doing 10 years ago today?

Started by Bruin, March 12, 2010, 05:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruin

Someone in Wispwood was building this:

Today the Wispwood Guild Tower stands 10 years old. 

Tjalle

Wow!

And check out the number of visits it has had...  :o

Marvin

What an old shack !

Time to reconstruct....maybe for something new... hmm - a castle ?!  :P
(have to talk with Goodah)

Eeerm..no flat rate but dial up connection those times... so i didnt play online games. So i ve been on a looong hiatus between Ultima V (late 80s) and UO (startup at 2005)

Tiberius

I was helping to coordinate the placing of that tower:).

Honeycomb

At the beginning of 2000 I was on hiatus from UO.  I was playing Starcraft back then.  Heh, thanks for the memories.  :)

Tjalle

Starcraft rules!  ;D

I´ve been thining about completing it a third time...

Eowyn

I had barely heard of UO back then and since I was still a mac user on the BF's computer I did not get to play; till I moved to WA about a year later my navy friend who was out to sea for 10 months had a PC and a UO account.

Honeycomb

Quote from: tjalle on March 16, 2010, 12:27:20 AM
Starcraft rules!  ;D

I´ve been thining about completing it a third time...

It's really fun in multiuser mode through Blizzard's hub.  I forget how to get on there but you should be able to figure it out.  There, you can play vs other players, or you can all gang up on the ai.  My favorite multiplayer game on there is Bunker Wars.  All 8 players start with a bunker full of marines and two droids.

Kael

I heard of UO back when it started,,but sadly didnt have a computer at the time lol

The guy i heard about it from was a nasty pvper from Canada.....can you guess his name Bruin??

Jeremiah TB

Troop

I was shunning modern technology and did not own a computer yet.  :o
Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

Tiberius

Quote from: Jeremiah TB on March 18, 2010, 04:10:07 AM
i was running sigils then too....

I am pretty sure sigils did not exist then:). I could be wrong though, 10 years is a long time..

Jeremiah TB

Crow

I was probably just about to start playing UO again.  I been around in some capacity or on a break sense 98.

I think then I was working for an electronics repair place that was soon to be going out of business.  Making much more money these days.  The age of the person I am dating now is pretty close to that of what I was then...can't complain there, hehehe