Question-Greater Dragons and Taming

Started by Troop, January 05, 2010, 04:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troop

Do I need real skill points or can I jewl up to control one?

Also, what am I looking for in a good GD to PvM with?

How do I best try to tame one without getting myself killed over and over? ???
Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

Bruin

You can use jewels.

Not sure, but there was a tamed animal calculator of some sort on stratics that allows you to input their stats and it calculates how good the pet is.

Honor.  Work up your honor, it allows you a 1-2 minute pet ignore which is perfect for taming.

Sir Morder

Easiest way to get one is to look for one thats for sale. I've heard that the really good ones do not spawn anymore (might just be board rumors). Anyways, to do it without dying alot you'll have to go into factions and work up life force for a full hour or two of monster ignore. This allows you to kill off the weak ones and possibly spawn up a good one. Then just tame it with no damage to worry about. PvM G-drags and PvP G-drags are basically looking for the same thing so there's really no difference. Look for max resists, then max HP, then max skills. Go to the taming calculator to see what are max skills. If you decide to tame one on your own, here's what it took me. One week to bond, then it took around two and a half days of training around the clock to get the skills to max. Reallistically, your gonna take at least a week to train it up to full skills. Gud luk.

Troop

Thanks. I think I will try to go the route of buying one first.

N49ATV

I got a fully trained one for you. Hook up with me. Also I went the 120s route, and im gonna drop down to 10s, and wear imbue brace.
It may be short, but it sure is skinny

Eowyn

I can go stealth lore em for you or we could go farm one up in ilish. Honor tame if your not factions MI if you are.
I forget what makes them good or not I will look it up for you though.

Tjalle

While honor is nice it is not the way of a true tamer.... but it is nice sometimes.  ;D

Troop

Thanks everyone. I have a few days of rot gains to go but I should be able to actualy control a GD, w/jewls on, by this weekend.