Event Rules

Started by Bruin, November 08, 2009, 07:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruin

This event will test your knowledge of the game, force you to rely on your team members and their skills, and teach you to exploit the advantages of your skills.

You begin this event with nothing.  You may only use any item acquired during this event for this event.

This event consists of:
3 group mini-tasks.
1 major task.
10 optional mini-tasks.

In order to win this event, your house must complete the major task.  Since you begin the event with absolutely nothing, the first three mini-tasks serve the simple purpose of allowing you to acquire some useful items, and forcing you as a house to work together, with those finishing the mini-tasks first getting the better items. 

You will then be sent off to complete the major task to win.

The optional mini-tasks are truly optional, however completing them will give you access to items that may be difficult to acquire otherwise to aid you in completing your quest.

The mini-tasks will all be clues that you must decode which will either direct you to a location where the items/rewards are located OR a quest you must complete and turn into me for your rewards.

The rules:

You MUST begin this event completely NAKED.  No blessed items, no armour, no regs, no ethereals, no spellbooks, NOTHING.

You may NOT:
- use any public moongates.
- use any rune libraries, public runes/runebooks.
- purchase any item from any NPC or hirable vendor or stable or claim any pets.
- rely on the kindness of a stranger.
- access your bankbox, your home, or any of your personal items.
- kill any participants inside a designated safe zone.
- gate into our out of a safe zone or within one full screen of a safe zone.
- use any soulstones.
- tamers are limited to using only 1 control slot.
- use any virtue abilities.
- switch characters.

You may:
- Murder or steal from any of your competitors.
- Form alliances with, against, backstab, hinder any other house.  Note that only 1 house may be declared a winner, so if you ally with a house to the very end, you still must end the alliance and turn on them at some point.
- Utilize any equipment inside a public home or the Elven Tower that does not belong to a white council member, such as a forge, loom (this does NOT include runebooks/runes).

Safe Zones:
- The Golden Unicorn Tavern and Wispwood Elven Tower are considered safe zones.
- At the end of the group mini-tasks, a safe zone area will be marked off with red cloth.

Blind Otto

Again, my apologies for not being able to get there.
So, who won?

Eowyn

I don't know since I had to leave a few hours into it. I wish I had been a bit more prepared can we try this again sometime it was indeed a blast. Oh and for whoever said tamers got an advantage cause they could tame mounts...do you know how many times my damn horse ran out of stamina?

Alizaren

Silverwood won and I came in 2nd. Yes, "I" cause I was left all by my lonesome!

*giggles*

OMG, that was sooooo hard but it was really fun too!

Thanks Bruin!

Sara Dale

Us 'Old' folks from Silverwood had a blast with the contest.  We werent prepared as for some of the tasks but we muddled through.  Giess it was the wisdom of our combined ages.   Bruin you did a wonderful job of putting things together.  We are looking forward to the next one.

Branwyn of Errol

Well since I was busy with poultry matters yesterday, I gave Desdemona Lyre permission to fill in for me at the House Cup contest. Here is her account of the event:
House Silverwood was represented by a motely crew of four, all of us with slightly different skills. Sara Dale is an axe slinging archer who, like most elves is very sneaky. In fact she is most likely one of the stealthiest citizens of Siege. And, I might add, since she travels everywhere on foot she knows her way around the realms. Artful Dodger set aside his crafting skills to compete as a mage archer; another sneaky elf as well. Tal-San-Su who came to us from the now defunct savage clan is a skilled mage. Then there I was the lone gargoyle in the contest. And my wings are still not fully dry yet so I am not as adept at the occult sciences as I hope to be some day. Alas there was no provision made for those of us who control the forces of the underworld to achievve our ends. However I was able to put my ability to fly to good use in retrieving quest items and in two quests I was first to obtain a bag of supplies because the elves and humans had to travel afoot.
But as I was the weakest link, I died more times than I care to remember and I fear I slowed down our progress. There were also a couple of squabbles between myself and Tal the savage. Everyone knows how gruff and macho they are as a race; very hard for us refined and sensitive gargoyes to contend with at times. And as Sara said, we did our best at teamwork. Though we were very low on stamina by the end we amazed ourselves by coming in first.

OOC: Great event  and hope we can do this again in the future. Needs to be doable in two hours or so I think

Aislinn

it was really grat fun, our team was.... a bit chaotic i would say.
*sits there with her feet in a bowl with cold water to cool them of*
the shock of being all nacked made us run around like frightend chickens.
we didn't have tamer or crafter just mages and one archer.
we tried to do our best... died lots ... in the end we were last but..... sweating from the heavy load we made it and brought the 100 hides. *beams*
we started as 6 and at the end we have been 4 very tired members *grins*
sir bruin... we need a lot of training.
so lets do something like that again .... soon.

congratulation to the other teams.

thank you bruin for the fantastic event... you did a great job. (edit just saw that i did cut of the last line *g*)