Public Shardwide Teleporter System?

Started by Chad Sexington, October 17, 2009, 08:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Sexington

Soooo... what about this idea here: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1447492#post1447492

Want to start it between Gilfane & Barter Town?  I'd offer to give up the first half but... I'm only 91 months (keep "quitting") and no one is selling.  I have the perfect house set up for it on my end.  You guys can use it drop by and say "hi" and we could use it to... uh... say "hi."  Anyway, someone has to start it for other people to join in, or it'll never get started.  I'll even put another Crystal Portal on this end.

(Yes, I'm asking someone to hand over one half of their pair.  I might be a thief, but I've never been known as a scammer.  If you want it back, just ask.)

;D

Bruin

I'm all for doing the following:

Set up a public transport house somewhere near a moongate (I'd be willing to own such a plot).

Any shard community location is welcome to place a portal at the public teleport home to their location.  This way if one wanted to go from Gilfane to Barter Town, they'd take the teleporter to the gate house, then to barter town.  This cuts down the number of teleporters needed significantly - as just one set is needed per location, instead of sets in-between all locations.

Only issue is right now I think these teleporters are really expensive as they've just been released (as is with all new items).  Once the prices slowly drop I'll seriously look into it.

Chad Sexington

That'll work (depending on who the gate house owner is).

I have 5 mil for someone who wants to sell me a teleporter for this purpose.

Vortex

We have a few houses very close to the zento gate that could be used for this. And there are plenty of public houses in Gilfane.

Freja

Until we get a fix, only reds will be able to leave Fel via this teleporters
Freja, Vampire, The Dark Outlaws, TDO* & Tina Tink, Crafter

Vortex

Quote from: Freja on October 17, 2009, 04:03:12 PM

Easy fix, lets all go red!

Branwyn of Errol

A good spot for the Gilfane public teleporter would be near the Gilfane Market for the convenience of shoppers  :)

Kael

I have a Brit gate house that i would be willing to modify for this purpace :)

Bruin

Quote from: Vortex on October 17, 2009, 01:39:23 PM
We have a few houses very close to the zento gate that could be used for this. And there are plenty of public houses in Gilfane.

I was thinking something REALLY close to a gate, like practically right next to it (think the brit gate house, yew gate house, etc).  Though I'd want to make sure it was big enough to hold enough portals - I hope they're 1x1 tiles.

Also it might be nice to link together all the taverns, but I can see how linking the Gilfane vendor mall might be the most practical (since it's a PITA to get there for us non-mages).

Tiberius

Quote from: Freja on October 17, 2009, 04:03:12 PM

really? thanks for the heads up:).

Chad Sexington

Yeah, I guess I'll hold off on buying until it's fixed.

Chad Sexington

Quote from: Bruin on October 17, 2009, 05:29:19 PMI was thinking something REALLY close to a gate, like practically right next to it (think the brit gate house, yew gate house, etc).  Though I'd want to make sure it was big enough to hold enough portals - I hope they're 1x1 tiles.

Sir Daniel's yew gate vendor house close enough?

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=163877

Quick, someone fork over 17 mil.  >:(