Bwaak! Bwaak!

Started by Eowyn, October 09, 2009, 08:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eowyn

From the person who brought you the house of lag, now comes "the poultry extravaganza"!!!

Ok Blame Sarah. I tamed my first chickenlizard and she gave me a coop and incubator.
I am VERY pissed these little darlings have no pack instinct.

Sara Dale

Sara with out the h   is what she ment.   I was just showing her around and mentioed the little things.   We did get it cooped up before the shard went down this afternoon.

Eowyn

I have 8 eggs in my incubator now and the same number of chickenlizards. So do they have to bond before they start to lay? Will any of my farmed eggs yield a battlechicken?

Eowyn

Hey need some chicken help here. Got 14 eggs now.

Eowyn

Looks like several will hatch tonight, anyone wanna come watch?

UncleSham

when these first came out i spent about a week killing chicken lizards . the first couple days were very unfruitfull then someone told me luck helps with the drops . i scrounged up a little over 700 luck and started getting reasonable drops (around 2 or 3 an hour). soon i had 30 eggs in the incubator .

i tended them carefully and was rewarded with 3 battle chicken eggs . upon hatching the first bc i lored it and was rather disenchanted finding it had no pack instinct and really nothing much else .

ea was quite vague about them , but im always willing to try something new so i gave it a shot . once i saw what they were ... well , lets say it was like waiting for that one special christmass present you begged your folks for. then once you get it you find it didnt live up to what the adds made it out to be ... you are so disapointed you shove it back in the box and forget it.

Eowyn

I was expecting that from the threads I read. So my questions are.
BC hatch from farmed eggs? Yes (acording to stratics)!... But is there a lesser chance from laid eggs?
Do BC lay eggs?
Can there be a communal incubator/s where several people tend the eggs (since you can't over water them)?
What colors are going to hatch?
How/when can you trade/store them?

UncleSham

i havent had them lay any eggs . i got all my eggs killing wild ones . the ones i hatched that werent battle chickens were immediately fed to my mare. i have heard that they can lay eggs that have a chance .. i assume the same chance as wild, but i havent done it so i dunno.

i dont know how the whole egg laying thing works , but i have 3 bc in a coop and havent seen any eggs in there .

the incubators have a security setting so i would assume anyone accessed could water them .

colors .. so far i have a light yellow (solid) , a light blue (solid) , and a neon purple with a yellow stripe down his back . i havent seen any charts on what they could be , but after seeing the neon im thinking hyru colors maybe ?

they can be transfered as any pet . take a week to bond , and you store them in a chicken coop . incubators and coops are crafter made. incubators dont seem to have a limit other than if you put in too many you cant see em when they get big (30 was a tight fit) . coops can hold up to 3 chickens . you can have multiple coops in a house. you can keep them in town stable but then they count against your stable slots (those in a coop do not count)

hope that helps . i dont have any further info as i just stuffed em back in the coop and have ignored them. i spose ill try to make the best of them and complete my 5 one day , but they take alot of time and lots of carma to kill so im not in any real hurry to get more after finding out they dont have instinct.

oh yes i did pull them out once and feed them (hay from farmer npc) to see if they'd bond . they did ... then im like ok ... sooo ... back in the box with ya.

Eowyn

Thank you sham! I have several hatching right now so I guess I will just bond em and wait.

Rob

Perhaps chicken lizard fights... wagering anyone?

Eowyn

2 battle chickens now and one of my CL laid an egg.