Stygian Abyss Expansion

Started by Kael, September 08, 2009, 09:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kael

Post away your thoughts on the SA expansion

Sir Morder

i havent formed a good opinion yet. But it was fun runnin around the dungeon. but it did get old not being able to find anything while i was able to be there. If it werent for Hoff's i'd still be lookin for the entrance.

Troop

I am stuck in school untill 10:00 p.m. tonight.  >:( I guess I will have to play catch up whenever I can get back on. I was hopefull that I could get SA early this a.m. but it was not released yet. Now I get to listen to some 80 year old guy ramble on for the next 2 hours. ARRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

Kael

The gargoyles actually look pretty decent in 2d client

Alovia TaKier

well I have enjoyed it so far.....new animals...new things to kill...new places....still alot of death robes...hehehe

Troop

I upgraded my crafter (Edwin) but have not had time to relly explore much yet. I do like some of the new craftable items.

Tiberius

I am liking it.  I spent about 250k getting to 55 imbue today but learned enough midway through my training that I was able to help Asty get to 52 with only a 150k layout.

It seems to give us reason to farm and more importantly gives value to almost everything that gets dropped.  Sooo many blues, I may have to pull my red out of retirement:).

Sara Dale

I am likeing it a lot. The new craftables are great.    I went to test to see the new tiles for houses.  There is such an array of them from doors to walls to floors, even a fountain with running water to build.    *Thinks she redid her house to soon*     The only thing is, is ,  what tiles to change.    Ive been picking up all the rescources I think may be useable and finding out what the different things have on them. 

Kael

I;m thinking this expansion may actually have a lasting impression long after the "new" excitment wears off. 

It just seems to have so much gameplay in it. New champ spawns, quests, skills, race, dyes, craftable ect ect

Tangar

Quote from: Kael on September 11, 2009, 03:24:19 PM
It just seems to have so much gameplay in it. New champ spawns, quests, skills, race, dyes, craftable ect ect

for me its not really +, becouse i wasnt in 1/4 of existing "old" universe..

question for everyone: to buy or not to buy? )

Branwyn of Errol

I think it is well worth the cost. There is so much content to it. And it is so nice to see folks at the bank again, even if many of them are flying creatures. We even had a conversation with a new gargoyle player in front of the bank!
And those of us who are deco queens are in heaven, as Sara said, with all of the new artwork for tiles and furnishings. And the additions to the botany system are awesome really.
I started playing back when UO was new game and experienced it as a medieval land with quite a lot of depth, the mainland and some islands that I usually sailed to. But now it is really more like an image of a world with various races and lifestyles possible.

Rob

I'm quite happy that I bought the expansion myself, it does give one far more to do. For the time being, I am sticking with the 2d version... just because it is what I am most familiar with. Time may change that. Perhaps this old dog can learn new tricks  ::)

Hoffs

Quote from: Tangar on September 11, 2009, 04:38:19 PM
question for everyone: to buy or not to buy? )

The biggest problem you will find is the one you had a few months back: if you want to join in a guild hunt and we are doing one of the SA ones, you would not be able to come along. The answer really depends on how much you will be playing in the coming weeks/months. If you are going to be around regularly for some time then it would probably be a good idea to get the upgrade I would say.

Sir Morder

with the limited amount of playtime i've had lately, it doesn't really matter to me if i'm in the new world or the old. As lolng as i'm doin something. I'm  down for a champ, peerless, gathering resources, pets, you name it.

Troop

Repetitive crafting of items is a whole lot easier now. I like the few changes I have found so far. I have not been to the new place yet. Guess I'll have to figure out how to get there soon.  ::)