Great news!

Started by Eowyn, July 23, 2009, 11:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eowyn

I just signed the paperwork for my new home.
Cute little 800 sq foot vacation home from the 60s, it has a 2 1/2 car garage, septic was just re done and is on a 100 X 80 lot in Hoodsport, WA. Final sale price 45K. Walking distance to one of the state parks on the puget sound on a nice little dead end street and it's less than 10 miles from 2 of my friends.

Troop

That sounds wonderfull. Congratulations!  ;D
Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

Tjalle

Eowyn

Oh I forgot to mention it comes with a colony of bats in the chimney. I was there for the home inspection today and asked what that funny noise was coming from the wood stove.
I wouldn't mind so much but my puppy has not had her rabies shot yet. Hopefully I can just cap it off at dusk after they all leave and hope they relocate safely nearby; I am even thinking of putting up bat houses (yes they make them).
Thinking back to the bird poop disaster of poor Blind Otto and Beatrice Quill, please point them at this thread so they can get a giggle.
Yes I am dreading the possible guano build up on my damper that I will need to clean, but I wish the little flying rodents the best of luck since they eat all sorts of anoying insects especially mosquitos.

Aislin/Litha

Sounds absolutely charming!   Enjoy your new home.   When do you close?

Aislinn

congratulations!

about the bet thing, am happy that you won't kill them ... maybe there is a organisation where you can call what best to do with them to save their lifes.... and a bet house sounds real great .... and don't be frightend by the guano....  guano is the best fertilizer you can get.
*grins*
i would love to have a house with bats *winks*

Kael

Congrats are in order!!  :)

Eowyn

It closes the 13th. So who's coming to help me move?

broadway joe

bats are easy

fire resists are very low

flamestrike ftw...

Hettar

Quote from: Eowyn on July 24, 2009, 09:29:53 PM

Uh, I think I'm doing my hair that day...Sorry   8)

Aislin/Litha

If it were Washington, DC rather than Washington, the State of.... I'd help, but you're too far from Virginia to make it feasible, I'm afraid.

Is this your first house?

-- Aislin

Branwyn of Errol

Best wishes on your new home. BTW Bat houses are a great way to keep those insect eaters in the neighborhood without having them invade your chimney.

Alizaren

Quote from: Litha on July 25, 2009, 04:22:46 PM

If it were Washington, DC rather than Washington, the State of.... I'd help, but you're too far from Virginia to make it feasible, I'm afraid.

Is this your first house?

-- Aislin

I was just in Washington, DC this past week! I knew someone from GIL lived there!

Anyhow, congrats Eowyn!

Aislin/Litha

I don't live there - I'm a few hours away from DC, but I'd help Eowyn move if she lived there.  LOL. 

Next time you're in DC let me know - we have lunch somewhere maybe a little bit away from the city.

-- Aislin

Alovia TaKier

home ownership......the joys, the joys! congrats! :)