Dark Fall

Started by Ktorr, December 05, 2008, 07:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktorr

As some of you may have heard, DF finally has a release date.
If it is half as good as it looks, my days in UO are coming to a close.
Who else is thinking about having a look?

Hoffs

Very much doubt it. Don't like modern game graphics; don't like the fact that there is no safe, customizable housing; don't like that there won't be objects on the ground; but most of all I don't see much hope for anyone who does not have reasonable PvP skills.

However, I do fear there maybe a big hit on the already low Siege population.

Kael

If the reviews are good I may be tempted to drop an account and give it a shot

We shall see though...I thought Age of Conan looked like it was going to be awesome...and that flopped pretty quick once people tried it.

Ktorr

True,  I'm taking a wait and see attitude, but from what I've seen so far, it looks very promising.

Ian James

I had applied for the beta months ago, but thus far not selected.  You can get all the information you probably want on their forums. . . forums.darkfallonline.com

There is no true 3rd person view.  1st person view games make me physically ill, I can play one for about 30 minutes before I feel like I have motion sickness.  Hoffs is correct regarding the housing. It's guild based and it has to be defended.  It really is a PvP'ers world.   If that's what you like, then you might like it.

Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob

Troop

UO is the only game that has been able to hold my intrest for more than a week. I will likely stay with UO and not even bother to try another game.  :P
Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

Mystikal

I will most likely buy it, try it out.
If it's good and my pc can manage...I will only be playing one game I guess.

It does look promising, but lots of games looked promising in the past.

Honeycomb

Quote from: Troop on December 07, 2008, 05:36:13 PM
UO is the only game that has been able to hold my intrest for more than a week. I will likely stay with UO and not even bother to try another game.  :P

Same here.

Branwyn of Errol

From descriptions I have seen this game lacks the diversity of UO and is primarily PvP. I will stick with UO. I don't see myself getting bored with it anytime soon.

Vortex

I'll be staying UO.

and Xbox 360.

Ktorr

Hettar

Nope, I'm staying right here... 8)

Hoffs

Sir Morder

10 years of UO and im still goin strong.

blackwind Jeff

Darkfall = vaporware.  Although this game's failure (assuming it does) likely won't receive as much attention as Daikatrasha, John Romero's pet took just over three years from documents to release while Darkfall has logged over seven years.

I'll quit UO when EA pulls the plug.  Provided I haven't been cremated yet.