Looking for a specific player on SP

Started by Astynax, April 14, 2020, 11:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astynax

Aloha, all. Long time no see. I'm looking to see if anyone in the GIL alliance has heard of a character named K-Li. They own a house that I'd be interested in buying, but I've never seen this player online and I've owned the house next to hers for nearly 3 years.

Just looking around to see if it's even an active player.

Thank you!

Tjalle

Sara Dale

I haven't either.  Where is the house located?

Astynax

Hey, sorry I didn't respond to this. The location of the house is Marble Island. The most southern tip to be exact. It's just a blank plot... I'd say about 13x10 size. I've only ever seen one player in that house and that was a couple years ago. I'm not even sure if it was the owner. So I believe it's just a prodo player that placed a house and left... But I'm checking around to see if that's the case.

Thanks for the responses.

Tjalle

I´d say that that house if fairly new. I think there was a house owned by a Jack or something for some time that then disappeared. Then the land was empty for a bit before this house was put up.
At least that´s how I remember it from when I was actively checking house signs on Marble.

I can say this though, if your plan is to upgrade to a castle, that I tried to place a castle there many years ago and it didn´t work. Something on the ground was blocking and even the GM couldn´t figure it out.
Hopefully whatever that was no longer blocks but just wanted to say that if you get a chance to try, know that there might be a small chance it won´t work.

Astynax

yeah, the goal was to place a castle back when I got the Keep spot from an IDOC about 2 years ago. But, those plans have long passed. Since I took the last 8-10 months off UO and returned I noticed the house was owned by a new player. The old name used to be Par-Salian... According to the old myuo website, he was in a guild named Quixotic (QX). Did a run on all servers with Par-Salian and the only other shard with that name was Nappa Valley. Searched there for a couple months, but rarely saw anyone on, and those I did find didn't know a Par-Salian.

So I struck out and lost interest in my Castle placing hopes. Figured I'd try again since I'm back and saw a new owner. Looks like it'll be the same thing though.

Astynax

and you may be right on the Castle placing. I was just looking at the terrain and noticed a couple spots where there are a few twig type thing sticking up. I bet all the old castles on other shards were placed during a time when certain terrain features didn't impede placement.

Astynax

Just an update for y'all.

I was able to get the castle placed! GM had to come remove a few "errant spots" as he called it. Castle placed right down.

I can't post a pic here, but swing by sometime and check it out :)

Thanks for all the answers and messages. I appreciate it.

Tjalle

I´m glad to hear that. :)
Enjoy the spot! 'Tis a nice one.

Sara Dale

Hmm, if a GM can come along and remove a few twigs, why cant they move trees in the middle of keep and castle areas?

Tjalle

Quote from: Sara Dale on May 04, 2020, 12:55:45 AMHmm, if a GM can come along and remove a few twigs, why cant they move trees in the middle of keep and castle areas?

Those are static objects on the map. The things removed were most likely "ghost remains" left from fallen houses that used to be there.
At least that's my guess.

Sara Dale

Give us better axes so we can chop them down.

Astynax

Yeah, I was watching as he did it. They were just regular grass tiles. They changed to "no draw" tiles and back to regular grass. I figured they were corrupted somehow.

But as soon as he fixed them, I waited out my demolition timer to resize the home and it worked.