A Possible Return

Started by Guinness, November 24, 2019, 05:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinness

Quote from: Shalimar on November 28, 2019, 10:04:42 AM
Quote from: Guinness on November 27, 2019, 10:48:04 PM
Quote from: Shalimar on November 26, 2019, 10:54:07 PMYou can get your old number back...

Alas, I tried but they told me it was deleted and no possibility of retrieving it per their TOS. 😔

I started a new one and will have to add contacts as I go. 😐

Feel free to add me! @Guinness (624190885)

That's a pity, they must have a time frame between making a person update ICQ and deleting their account altogether. I had come back to UO and had been using my original ICQ account when it happened to me so managed to retrieve it after going through their hoops.

The good thing about getting your old account back is that you have your old list of contacts. The bad thing about getting your old account back is that when adding someone new to your list you have to enter a phone number for them (I believe they make us update to the newest ICQ version, at least that's my experience) which I'm not comfortable asking for, so people have to add me rather than me add them. Are you able to add to your list without asking for phone numbers? If so, mine is 9-626-593 (Elaine)

Old versions of ICQ are much better and less invasive than the newer ones.

I was able to add you by putting your ICQ number in the search bar, not by using "add contact" (which asks for phone number or nickname).

Maybe they made a change? Not sure, I can only test the new version. Thanks again for the help!

Shalimar

When I put a name and/or number into the search bar it just searches the list I already have, and found your number there when Kael said what it was, since the name on it was deleted. If I don't already have the contact it just says 'not found', so the only option to add new contacts from my end is the dreaded phone number.

ICQ calls it a safety measure, I call it intrusive.

You'll soon have a contact list of your guild mates again.
Shalimar Guildmistress of NEW

Tjalle

Quote from: Shalimar on November 29, 2019, 12:50:42 PMWhen I put a name and/or number into the search bar it just searches the list I already have, and found your number there when Kael said what it was, since the name on it was deleted. If I don't already have the contact it just says 'not found', so the only option to add new contacts from my end is the dreaded phone number.

Can you add a fake number or does it pick up on that?

Shalimar

Quote from: Tjalle on November 29, 2019, 09:15:16 PM
Quote from: Shalimar on November 29, 2019, 12:50:42 PMWhen I put a name and/or number into the search bar it just searches the list I already have, and found your number there when Kael said what it was, since the name on it was deleted. If I don't already have the contact it just says 'not found', so the only option to add new contacts from my end is the dreaded phone number.

Can you add a fake number or does it pick up on that?

I have no idea.
Shalimar Guildmistress of NEW

Branwyn of Errol

I remember you, and you built a place named Ruined Abbey.Hope to see you soon.

Guinness

Quote from: Branwyn of Errol on December 02, 2019, 10:31:38 PMI remember you, and you built a place named Ruined Abbey.Hope to see you soon.

Yes, and I hope to recreate it by memory! Hope to see you in game soon!