Grand Re-Opening: The Siege Perilous Museum of Marvelous Jewelry moved to NM!

Started by Dr Alzheimer, October 16, 2018, 09:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Alzheimer

Hello dear friends!

Just a short teaser - it am almost done. A big thanks to Shakespeare for the incredible support - and to all the others who supported this project or donated to it. Everybody who gave a donation is displayed with an engraved statue in the museum - and his name is mentioned in the books around in the museum.

Here some pictures:

The museum is displaying most of the rings and bracelets and other pieces of jewelry available in this game - only few are missing. And I guess, there is no other collection of just jewelry anywhere...

Thank you all and come anc visit it!
Two beer or not two beer - that is the question! Shakespeare.

Dr Alzheimer

And here is the official statement:

I just wanted to announce that the SP-Museum of jewelry has moved from Safe Haven to New Magincia, where it now can be accessed within guardzone and just a short trip away from the moongate. After 3 years and over 4000 (!) visits (remember, that on SP you can only have 1 char per account), I hope I can give back the community something for its great support.

I remember that there were threads about museums in this subforum - thats why you can find some Information on this museum here.

First of all: Aim of the museum is to collect and display all kinds of rings, bracelets and necklaces from all periods and sources of UO. Given that Siege has a smaller market and a different EM program, the collection may be uniquely different - but it is intended to get all those items, which also exist on other shards.

The collection iself strongly relies on community support since it is not possible to farm all the items alone. Hence, many players - over 20 individuals - have donated exhibits, of which some are quite rare and expensive on Siege Perilous. As a token of appreciation, the museum has a Gallery of Distinguished Museum Donors (Statuettes with all names of donors) and the museum guide-books explain the items themselves as well as who donated them.

Here is a full list of the collection (October 2018):

As you can see, some items are still missing, either because they are items from past events or they are hard to acquire, because nobody farms them or they have a terrible droprate. All other items are already available! Thanks to the fantastic community of Siege Perilous and years of research and financial investment.

You are all cordially invited to visit the Siege Perilous Museum of Marvelous Jewelry!

Yours,

Dr. Alzheimer

Beli Mawr

Well done, you have done a wonderful service for Siege Perilous. I thank you. May the bards sing of your accomplishments.

Reynosa

That collection is second to none. At least as far as I know. Are you working on getting the missing pieces?

Dr Alzheimer

Thank you! Yes, working on it. Also the moonstone jewelry. Your message means a lot to me.

Dr Alzheimer

Fixed two errors: the catalogue was incomplete and the museum guides (ingame) weren´t set public. Now you can read the books!

Dr Alzheimer

Sarah

Dr Alzheimer

Thank you! Its alot of work and costs all of my resources, haha. Would be impossible without you all!

Dr Alzheimer

Sorry for all the broken pics. My old image host seemingly doesnt work anymore. Here is an update (Jan. 2019):

Thank you!