Questions about Mumble and an interview

Started by Mama, March 24, 2018, 11:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mama

Good afternoon.  I am fairly new to Siege but have known some of you from different shards and also because of wonderful friends who do play Siege.  I am curious about Mumble and it's safety due to some of the sensitive accounting information on my computer.  Shayla told me there should be a guest forum where there's a post referencing Mumble but I don't see it.  I would like to request access to that forum, if it's possible.  Also, I'm interested in joining Gilfane's guild.  I'm looking for a group that is drama-free and wants to have fun as a community.  If I need to set up an interview, please let me know.  I look forward to meeting more of you ingame.  Until then, have a beautiful afternoon.

Creeger

Welcome to our forums. I think the Mumble topic you’re looking for can be found here http://www.gilfane.com/Forums/index.php?board=12.0

Mama

Thank you.  I will check it out right now.

Just tried the link and it's off limits to me but thank you for trying.  :)

ii & Sabin

Shayla Keylley

You shouldn't have told them I referred you. Now you'll never get in.
;D

CharGar

Hoffs

Welcome to the forum, Mama. In case nobody else has yet done so, I sent you a PM with the Mumble set-up information. I haven't heard of any particular security issues with the program.

Mama

Thank you all for the "welcomes".  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing some hunting and laughter.  From what I've seen, so far, I'm impressed with how organized things are mixed in with a little chaos; just my style. *wink* 

Becca

Tjalle

Blind Otto

Welcome!

As far as Mumble goes, I've never had a problem. There have been vulnerabilities reported in the past, but these have always been patched before any exploits were ever reported.
I use my computer to access my employer's CRM and finance databases, and do a lot of development on it. I also have access to the financial database of a major international charity that I do work for via the same computer. Both organisations insist that I subject all my software to regular remote inspection via their preferred vendors, and Mumble has never flagged up an alert.

I hope that helps.

In any case, welcome again, and have a great time here on Siege!

Natalia

Reuggan

Hello, welcome to the forums. I hope to be able to speak with you soon.

Mama

Shayla has "volunteered" to make sure that I know what I'm doing with Mumble and check my settings.  I will give it a shot after that test.  Thank you!