House contest

Started by Sara Dale, March 08, 2018, 10:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Dale

House Silverwood disputes the claim of House Silvanus to be the Ruling House of Gilfane and we demand that their strength be put to the test.

Torin

CharGar

Hoffs

Quote from: Sara Dale on March 08, 2018, 10:01:46 PM
"House Silvewood disputes the claim of House Silvanus to be the Ruling House of Gilfane and we demand that their strength be put to the test."

As it is well over six months since the last contest, a challenge from a single House is all that is required to trigger the contest. I shall consult with Keeper-elect Reuggan on the arrangements.

Victim

is this something the general public can witness?

Hoffs

Quote from: Victim on March 08, 2018, 11:09:52 PM
is this something the general public can witness?

Not really. It's not a single event but multiple ones spread over three or four weeks. There are, however, opportunities for Houses to bring in non-guild members to assist in some of them. Details will be in our guest forum in the next few days.

Blind Otto

From the chronicles of the Silver Serpent, Volume LXXVII, Chapter 97...

Hearing of a vile plot to assassinate all Keepers past and present, Knight Commander Blind Otto dispatched all knights, even the secret ones that nobody knew about, and the ones who had taken vows of stealth and silence, on a lengthy quest to foil said plot.

This legendary quest took the knights over sea and through vale, up frozen mountains, and through baking deserts.
They faced such dangers as the Dragon Beneath, the Lich of British's Bane, and the Mongbat of the Creeping Cassock. And yet, they did not waver in their quest.
Eventually, they found the architects of the plot against Gilfane, and met them on the battlefield.

Day by day, they beat those who would threaten Gilfane's beloved leaders, past and present, back.
Inch by inch, they gained ground, and would not yield.
Eventually, they found themselves at the world's end, their foes somehow hovering over the edge of the eternal void between shards.

To a man, they leapt, dragging their enemy, howling, down with them. Down, ever downwards - to who knew where?

Elsewhere, in a more peaceful land, a House Contest had just been called...

Since all knights, mages and scouts of House Serpent are otherwise occupied, and could possibly be so for the next aeon or two, House Serpent chooses to honourably abstain from the current contest in as much as competing for any titles or rewards goes. It simply wouldn't be fair to the other houses, you see.

However, if any members of House Serpent happen to be on hand during any of the contest quests, they are more than willing to assist the first house to request their assistance, on a day-by-day basis, without prejudice.
The assistance will probably come in the form of a bard or a necromancer, but other combatants, or even a determined miner, may be available from time to time.

SOL INVICTUS!

Hoffs

*sighs* I shall surely be having nightmares about the Mongbat of the Creeping Cassock now.

Victim

Quote from: Hoffs on March 12, 2018, 10:19:54 PM
*sighs* I shall surely be having nightmares about the Mongbat of the Creeping Cassock now.
I hear it more resembles a Spider than a Mongbat . . .

Hoffs

Quote from: Victim on March 12, 2018, 10:35:58 PM
I hear it more resembles a Spider than a Mongbat . . .

* glares *

Victim

There has been a sighting of the Mongbat of the Creeping Cassock. See the artists rendering below

Hoffs

Victim

i have tamed this creature and will be bringing it to the next Auction.  I named it cuddles.

CharGar

What is the procedure for changing houses?  I would like CharGar in Vorrak, so she doesn't end up with title of Vassal in Silvanus.

Hoffs

Quote from: CharGar on March 15, 2018, 11:42:03 AM
What is the procedure for changing houses?  I would like CharGar in Vorrak, so she doesn't end up with title of Vassal in Silvanus.

Just ask Viscountess Leawyn to make the transfer.