Chapter Two : Brigands and Bindings

Started by CharGar, January 16, 2018, 05:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharGar

Saorise woke up with the worst headache she’d ever known. It was dark â€" no,  no â€" there was something over her head. It felt like a sack. 

Nearby something shuffled. There was a terrible smell, but she couldn’t tell if it  was the sack, or whoever was in the room.   â€œHello?” She offered nervously “Is someone there?”  A sharp pain in her side took her breath away, and she cried out. Someone had  kicked her, hard. She quivered with fear, and cried “Please! Don’t hurt me!  What do you want?”  Another kick. She bit her lip, and decided to be quiet.   

A door opened, and heavy footsteps could be heard on a wooden floor.   â€œGregorio! I said you could help. I agreed to your price. But I did not agree to  let you use the governor as your own private bagball! Leave her alone, you  despicable brigand!” 
An annoyed grunt was the only reply. Gregorio? The murderer? He was  terrifying! The town guards had a list of crimes against him as long as her arm!  And she was tied up, unable to see, in the same room as that monster? Despite  herself, she whimpered.   Strong, but comparatively gentle hands lifted her to a sitting position.  “I apologise for Gregorio’s behaviour. He is what he is. I suppose I should not  expect any better from him. But the boss will be here soon. Then you will have  some answers.”  Saorise trembled, only slightly more at ease, and said nothing.  The footsteps left. She could only hope that Gregorio had left as well. 
She was tied so tightly that she could barely feel her hands or feet. Besides,  she had never been one for the ways of the rangers. She was a crafter, a maker  of things. The intricacies of advanced knots were beyond her, but obviously not  beyond her captors. There were at least two of them â€" but what did they  want? And what was that smell? 

She tried to get comfortable, but failed. Hopefully “the boss”, whoever he was,  would get here soon. 

Blind Otto

*starts preparing a rescue party*

*finds he doesn't fit into his old platemail leggings any more*

*starts trying to do sit-ups instead*

This rescue attempt may take a while.