Previous topic - Next topic

CharGar

Finally got a text from her. They are safe but without power

Tjalle

Becca

Sara Dale

Hoffs

CharGar

Sarah has electric now!  She's ecstatic about that.  She will be in game once Comcast comes back up.

Tangent

Natalia

Sarah

Hi Everyone,

We fared well during the hurricane. We had high winds which we got to watch through hurricane proof windows. It was nice not having to be closed in behind shudders, not being able to see. Of course, some times the wind was so bad, it was called a white out, and you could not see at all. Our place had the normal damage with trees down and lots of fallen brush. We were out of power for 3 days which seemed to me forever. We warmed water over sterno for coffee and ate everything else cold. It was 86 degrees and we were pouring off sweat all day. There was little breeze. Nights were 78 to 80. Russ read as I put together my M.C. Echer puzzle. We had a hand crank radio that seemed to take more crank'in then time playing. We lost all the food in our freezer and refrigerator. But on the up side, I got a chance to clean it out. I was thrilled when our lights came on and so happy to get our air back. But we still did not have TV or computer. Russ got on the phone right away about that...when it started working just a couple hours later, it was so nice to talk with all of my friends on computer. I spent the evening playing UO and fighting the invasion. What a great way to end a night.

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts.   Sarah

Hoffs

Thanks for the update.

Three days without air conditioning sounds wonderful. After returning from the US my skin now resembles one of the geological formations we saw in the Badlands - alternate layers of parched skin from the heat and a sweaty permafrost from the icy blast in the buildings.

Tjalle

Welcome back, Sarah!
:)

Sara Dale

We sure missed posts this time about your trip Hoffs.    Other than the weather and air conditioning I hope it was a good one.     

We had nice nighttime weather after the storms went through.   The reason I said storms is besides Irma coming through we had a nor easter come that dumped a ton of rain in the area.

Natalia

Sarah, so good to hear from you.  I'm glad you survived.  After the category 4 Hurricane Iniki here, we were without electricity for one month where I live, and no water for weeks.  We didn't have radio or tv for months.  Kilauea, a couple miles south, was without electricity for six months.  Of course we are an island, and had the telephone poles that went down.  We had the same problem as folks in the Carribean, that everything had to be flown in or boated in to help.  We looked a lot like those folks in the Carribean, as far as what the damage was. 

I was so worried about everyone, and very glad it wasn't as bad as folks thought it would be in Florida.  Sara, didnt' realize you had two storms.  No wonder so much flooding in your area.

Hoffs, I was so hoping that you would be writing your travelogue.  Next time think of us who are missing you, when you take off on one of your ventures.  A daily travelogue was something we all looked forward to reading.  And how was the eclipse?  So sorry I missed it by about 10 days on my travel plans.

Zardoz of Crete aka Kimi aka Victoria Secret

Glad to read all is well and I agree with all that M'lady Hoffs needs to update us on the adventures they had :)

Sarah

Thanks Everyone. Natalia, I could not imagine. I would leave and live somewhere else for a while. Hoffs, I know what you mean. The hotels are terrible with the air conditioning, but even in my own house, I freeze and then burn up. And we did enjoy reading the post on your travels. Maybe we can make some as we travel to the party. I am sure it is going to be a real experience meeting the whole crew from Ohio way. Us Florida folk are normal, right Sara, Mavia? But not sure what is coming out of that other direction. LOL