Chat window without system messages?

Started by Hagrid, June 23, 2017, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagrid

Is there a way to create a chat window in the EC that doesn't display the system messages?

Ian James

A little late to reply, but I believe you can choose what will be displayed in any given chat window by applying filters. I believe you can make new tabs and then just assign what will be show in each. 
Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob

Hagrid

All true, except I see no "filter" for system messages.  If you do see it, please help me find it (screen shot?).  I am referring to the EC.

Sargatanza

Mr. Hagrid, sorry for next tip, looks like it's really something, that might not being realized yet, but i might wrong. Maybe you should ask at stratics forum, in EC section, and if noone help there, do a request for developers to put this filter in client.

Ian James

This is what I found in the EC userguide.  I'm not sure if it's up to date, and I"m not on a computer that currently has the EC installed, so.. YMMV

Chat Filters

May be selected by ‘Right Clicking’ on any chat window tab (as shown in 2 above).  When clicked a gump appears with the various types of chat mode.  Placing or removing a ‘tick’ against each of the modes will determine what mode will ‘report’ to whichever tab you ‘right clicked’ on.  For example, if you turn them all off accept ‘system’ then all chat will disappear and only system messages will report to that chat window. See the ‘new tab’ description below for more detail on filters.
Ian James, Alexus, Arithan, Bloody Bob