Governor Meeting today

Started by Zardoz of Crete aka Kimi aka Victoria Secret, May 19, 2017, 05:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpyderBite

I'll be there. Unsure if I'm filling in for Victim or not representing Vesper, but I will be there regardless.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Zardoz of Crete aka Kimi aka Victoria Secret

Quote from: SpyderBite on May 19, 2017, 07:45:57 PM
I'll be there. Unsure if I'm filling in for Victim or not representing Vesper, but I will be there regardless.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Governor’s Meeting 5-19-17

HRM started the meeting;

King  Blackthorn: Greetings all.  Grim events beset us all, so let us plan our opening gambit.
Our agenda lies before you.Given the gravity of the situation, I felt a memorial stone was appropriate.

*points*

HRM gesture towards the stone tablet setting on the table.

First, we must remember to support those who have lost loved ones to the ongoing attacks by these creatures, these soulless minions.  Many households have now lost their providers.  The crown, of course, will continue to support and aid where possible.

During a recent assault, valuable information was discovered and returned. We will remember those brave scouts who gave their lives in the process.

*looks somber*

One surviving scout was found almost devoid of his wits, wandering dungeon Doom, ranting about glowing pipework.  After much time with the healers, he has told us much. Some of it utterly useless, some invaluable.  He saw a portal system that opens into the deepest, darkest caverns of our land.  So, warn your warriors, alert your mages, ready any who can fight!  The dungeons must be watched, and watched carefully.  We have no idea when these beasts will spring forth!  It seems the guards that I sent to your towns have been overcome.

We will mourn their loss, but I think you will agree that their replacements would serve us better if they were posted outside the dungeons.

*looks around room*

Still, if any of your towns are still under attack, make it known, and I will dispatch more guards.
On that topic, I have more unsettling news.  An elite squad of mages was to be trained, in the defense of the kingdom.  However this past week we found every one of them slain by unknown forces!  The only clue we have to their killers is this!

*slaps down parchment on the table angrily*

There!  In addition to that, the murderers kidnapped several members of the royal staff.  Their corpses were found, looted and mutilated, hanging from trees nearby!  How can we defend ourselves if our soldiers and protectors are murdered by the very people they seek to protect?

Some fool believes they can claim victory by knocking over the chessboard.  Still, the soulless creatures remain our priority.  We now have information that points to a base, somewhere far away.  Our mages are working on a gateway even now. When they succeed, you will know.

*glares at picture*

Moving on to happier matters.  I understand that a sporting event will take place shortly.  I have spoken with the organizer, and offered my wisdom.

*raises eyebrow*

I am sure some of you know, if two skilled tamers set their creatures against one another, with both tamers healing the beasts, the fight will continue until one of the tamers' loses the ability to heal his creature. In other words, for hours. That is not entertainment.  I have therefore suggested that the bull handlers limit themselves.  Does that sound fair to you?

I will leave this debate open for a while - please take it to the citizens.

Tanager: With respect, why allow any healing at all?

((On a side note regarding the Bull event, I am bringing three UNTRAINED bulls to this event.  I am going to ask that all three be allowed to fight as one against a TRAINED bull.))

((It was here that Bennu appeared))

King Blackthorn:  wait.. what is that?  One of our wards has been broken!  There is a strange presence here

*readies fireball*
You there! In the shadows! Step forth!

Old Man Bennu: *bows deeply*   I meant no offense.

King Blackthorn:  Ah, one of the Elders. You are welcome here, and make no offense

Old Man Bennu: I owe someone here a debt.  And I wished to repay it.

King Blackthorn: the floor is yours

Old Man Bennu: It can wait, if required, my King.

King Blackthorn: *smiles*

Old Man Bennu: *nods*

King Blackthorn: Nay, nay, we were discussing coming festivities.   Speak, sir.

Old Man Bennu: My time is over here, but, still there is a kindness.  Someone reached out to an old ghost and their voice was heard.  Tanager...  Thank you for a kindness shown to a tired old man.
Tanager: gonna make a girl cry
Old Man Bennu: *hug*

Old Man Bennu: Thank you my King, I will trouble you no further.
King Blackthorn: *royal salute*
Old Man Bennu: *bows deeply*
King Blackthorn: You are ever welcome here sir.
Old Man Bennu: *smiles*   *jumps from the roof into the courtyard*

King Blackthorn: that was a far more worthy interruption than I had feared. I had expected another void monster.  Well, let us resume, while Lady Tanager gathers her composure
Now, to a matter which I am sure you will appreciate. 

((Next was discussed of the Trade Deals, and how the Royal Cartographer Assistant was to have a T hunt to help the cities))

((After which the Black Guard was discussed))

Now, to the Black Watch. They have done exceedingly well in guarding the realm and these chambers against the current onslaught. To that end, I have instructed the Commander to review all members. There will be a ceremony sometime soon, where ranks and titles will be awarded. You will be notified when the Commander has assured me all is in order.

((Then the discussion of the EM Hall))

I now remind you that there is a competition underway for the architects and builders of the kingdom.  The House of Commons needs a fresh design.  Several worthy designs have already been submitted, and a decision will be made early next month. So, please inform any talented
individuals in your towns of this competition, and that time is short for them to hand in their entries.

*smiles*

I look forward to seeing the winning design.

((After which the Governors, Town Reps were all asked for their reports, Blind Otto gave the best report))
Blind Otto: Sire, allow me to deliver my report in song.
King Blackthorn: umm  if you must

Blind Otto: Really, I insist.  *takes dried frog pill and deep breath*   Iyyyyyy.....
*strikes up a beat on the table*

Blind Otto: I sing you a song of a mine gone wrong,
Blind Otto: I sing you a song of a mine gone wrong,
Blind Otto: and a town that is under attack!
Blind Otto: and a town that is under attack!
Sam: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Blind Otto: This mine, I cry, recently ran dry,
Blind Otto: This mine, I cry, recently ran dry,
Blind Otto: oh woe, alas and alack!
Blind Otto: oh woe, alas and alack!
Blind Otto: $5000$
Blind Otto: $5000$
Blind Otto: Robber guilds laid claim to every vein,
Blind Otto: Robber guilds laid claim to every vein,
Blind Otto: and took all the gold I could mine!
Blind Otto: and took all the gold I could mine!
Blind Otto: trade deals the same, drove me insane,
Blind Otto: trade deals the same, drove me insane,
Blind Otto: and their rates were indeed a crime!
Blind Otto: and their rates were indeed a crime!
Blind Otto: To me Minoc is dear, and yet I fear,
Blind Otto: it will soon be void of life,
Blind Otto: it will soon be void of life,
Blind Otto: vile minons appear, from there and from here,
Blind Otto: vile minons appear, from there and from here,
Blind Otto: brandishing fear, pestilence and strife!
Blind Otto: brandishing fear, pestilence and strife!
Blind Otto: So see, great king, now here's the thing,
Blind Otto: So see, great king, now here's the thing,
Blind Otto: our coffers are completely dry,
Blind Otto: our coffers are completely dry,
Blind Otto: I can no longer pay to keep minions away,
Blind Otto: I can no longer pay to keep minions away,
Blind Otto: All I can do now is sit here and sigh.
Blind Otto: All I can do now is sit here and sigh.
Blind Otto: So I ask of you, Blackthorn (number two?)
Blind Otto: So I ask of you, Blackthorn (number two?)
Blind Otto: On you our hope resides!
Blind Otto: On you our hope resides!
Blind Otto: Send us your best, I can but offer my vest,
Blind Otto: Send us your best, I can but offer my vest,
Blind Otto: Lest Minoc into history slides!
Blind Otto: Lest Minoc into history slides!

Blind Otto: *starts to dance on table, gets hauled back to seat by the guards*

((fortunate for us the other Governors did not sing their reports))

Blind Otto

The acoustics in that room are terrible - every sound you make echoes!

Sarah

I really enjoyed the song Otto. I have a friend in another Realm that sings almost as good as you. My favorite song he sang was "Entering Marion". Do you know that one? Maybe at the next meeting you can entertain us with that one before the meeting. *smiles*

Blind Otto

I've heard it, but be careful that you don't give any of our newcomers funny ideas about names for player-run towns!
(wasn't he on Dr Demento's show a few years back?)
I prefer to sing my own compositions, but thank you!

*wanders off tapping out notes with a pickaxe*